3M worktunes hearing protection on sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Got a set. Now, for those who got a set, how did you get the batteries to fit in the battery compartment? I can't get the batteries to fit between the contacts. Even "brute force" will not get them in. Called 3M but not much help.
Just curious.
Gordon

swcrawford

Not to hijack the thread, but for those that don't want wireless next to your head, I have a pair of Howard Leight Sync ear protection with speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-1030110-Noise-Blocking-Earmuff/dp/B004U4A5RU/

They come with a 3.5mm double ended cable. I either plug into my phone and keep it in my top pocket or, when I don't want the possibility of the cable getting tangled, I use a bluetooth adapter clipped to the headband.

It works well in my experience, but I did have one problem. Out of the box, the 3.5mm jack was loose. I needed to pull the padding/speaker out of the shell and glue it down.

JimB

Not to hijack the thread, but for those that don't want wireless next to your head, I have a pair of Howard Leight Sync ear protection with speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-1030110-Noise-Blocking-Earmuff/dp/B004U4A5RU/

They come with a 3.5mm double ended cable. I either plug into my phone and keep it in my top pocket or, when I don't want the possibility of the cable getting tangled, I use a bluetooth adapter clipped to the headband.

It works well in my experience, but I did have one problem. Out of the box, the 3.5mm jack was loose. I needed to pull the padding/speaker out of the shell and glue it down.

Yikes! You have a cable dangling in front of you with the lathe running! All you need to do is lean forward to look at your turning and it can get caught.

It reminds me of the dangers those with long hair ( not me) face when they forget to tie their hair back.

Dan Masshardt

Yikes! You have a cable dangling in front of you with the lathe running! All you need to do is lean forward to look at your turning and it can get caught. It reminds me of the dangers those with long hair ( not me) face when they forget to tie their hair back.

I think he mentioned Bluetooth adapter.

JimB

Yikes! You have a cable dangling in front of you with the lathe running! All you need to do is lean forward to look at your turning and it can get caught. It reminds me of the dangers those with long hair ( not me) face when they forget to tie their hair back.

Yes, he did but he said he only uses it when he is concerned about the cable getting tangled. It is when we don't expect it to happen that it will get tangled and that is how accidents in the shop happen. A cable getting caught on a lathe at 3000 rpm can cause a lot of damage.

Yes, he did but he said he only uses it when he is concerned about the cable getting tangled. It is when we don't expect it to happen that it will get tangled and that is how accidents in the shop happen. A cable getting caught on a lathe at 3000 rpm can cause a lot of damage.

I would make the assumption he does what I do, and tucks all the additional cording from the headphone into top pocket. And if I'd do that I also bottom said pocket to keep the extra from falling out. Most the time I wear an apron that the cord goes behind and into my shirt pocket. So the only exposed cord is from ear to about my upper chest then behind the apron.

southernclay

If I ever listen to headphones they go from ears behind my back to my phone in rear pocket and works well.

Wayne I did get one and looking forward to it!

Marmotjr

I have a set of the large Yellow 3m ear cans, but I picked up a $9 bluetooth earbud from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GWLHZBS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I wear under them, comfortably so. As you can expect for $9, the sound quality isn't top notch, but when I'm wearing the ear cans, There's so much extra noise, that I'm not looking for the deep rich tonal sounds anyways. And at $9, they're pretty much disposable, cause they do eventually break. I got 2 so one can charge while the other is in use.

With it only going in one ear, You can still hear outside noises fairly well. I wear them all the time at work, for 8 hours at a time, and can still carry on a conversation without the music//talk drowning it out.

MTViper

swcrawford

Yikes! You have a cable dangling in front of you with the lathe running! All you need to do is lean forward to look at your turning and it can get caught.

It reminds me of the dangers those with long hair ( not me) face when they forget to tie their hair back.

Maybe should have made it more clear, but no, I absolutely do not have any cables dangling around a running lathe. That would of course be terribly dangerous. :eek: A tiny bluetooth adapter clipped to the side of the ear protectors and wirelessly connected to a phone in my back pocket is used whenever I'm working around machinery with spinny bits. This is very convenient, but of course still puts some EMF near your noggin, so caveat utilitor.

The bluetooth adapter does have limited battery power though, so when I'm only working at the bench, or mowing the lawn I do plug straight into the phone/mp3 player. I have been really impressed with the sound quality too.

JimB

Maybe should have made it more clear, but no, I absolutely do not have any cables dangling around a running lathe. That would of course be terribly dangerous. :eek: A tiny bluetooth adapter clipped to the side of the ear protectors and wirelessly connected to a phone in my back pocket is used whenever I'm working around machinery with spinny bits. This is very convenient, but of course still puts some EMF near your noggin, so caveat utilitor.

The bluetooth adapter does have limited battery power though, so when I'm only working at the bench, or mowing the lawn I do plug straight into the phone/mp3 player. I have been really impressed with the sound quality too.

Thanks for clarifying what you are doing. I'm glad you are working safe in your shop. There is nothing worse than hearing about an accident that could have been easily avoided with some basic safety measures.

Top Bottom