35th Wedding Anniversary Grinding Wheel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mchech

The bride said she wanted to buy me some lathe tools for our wedding anniversary. Well I really didn't have any tools in mind so I blurted out CBN grinding wheel from Dave at D-Way tools. She said I sounded like that kid and his Red Rider BB gun on the Christmas Story movie. Fellas it's called "striking while the metal is hot". Well I rotated 180* in my chair and ordered an 80 grit from D-Way while her words were still hanging in the air. My dearest wife also sprung for a Robo Rest to fit my old Wolverine sharpening jig.

Well I got to report. Yes those wheels are a bit expensive but wow are they smooth running. Makes tool sharpening almost as enjoyable as turning wood. No dust. No bouncing tools. No more blued steel just cool running. Sharp in one pass. Coupled with the Robo Rest they make sharpening angles about as repeatable as one ever dreamed. Take the guard off the grinder and store it, these wheels don't explode.

I took off the other blue Norton 3X wheel and just run with the one CBN wheel. Now I need to find a cheap grinder to install the Norton wheels on for just rough work on mower blades and the like. Might even write a letter to Santa for another 180 grit CBN to balance things out.

Just wanted to add if you are thinking about a CBN wheel, do it. Little expensive but in my opinion you'll be delighted. I can't speak for other retailers of CBN wheels but I'm just saying I'm happier than a pig in slop with the one I have.

No I don't work for any of the above mentioned products. I'm retired and make little stuff to give to family and friends.

Top Bottom