32 Emperors, 16 Lotus, 16 Jr. Emperors, 16 Gents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRoberts

This represents a goodly chunk of my Fall show prep in high end.

My pen turning wife is now too good to turn slimlines, she did most of the Lotus pens (Loti?)

No, I can't get more of the boxes in case anyone wonders.

200682016736_arsenal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

Jbyrd,
Wowwwww is how much work it was, thanks.

Chris,
I have many more than one Fall show, I am getting ready for nine before the end of the year, three of which are top 10 national shows. This isn't all of my high end pens, I have backstock of about 50% in kits and blanks. I also bring about 160 premium material Barons and 240 stabalized wood Barons and 100 each of exotic wood ball points in small and large formats. My marketing philisophy is "not if but which".

George,
I bought the boxes on a clearence at a store called Bombay Company, they currently have an 8 pen version without a drawer for $30.

redfishsc

I will wow!!! the pens for sure!! Best wishes on the show, hope you "clean up".

[ENVY]But I'm going to WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW you getting your wife into penturning![/ENVY].

myname1960

I would love to go to one of those national shows sometimes.
I live in Ohio and haven't had a chance to go to any of these types of shows.
Where do they have them?
Is there a site that tells when these shows are?
Again WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

elody21

Steve , did you rob a bank to get all of those pen sets!?
How about some close ups?

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by elody21
<br />Steve , did you rob a bank to get all of those pen sets!?
How about some close ups?

No robbery, I did SUMMER shows to buy Fall supplies, money in, more money out.

Ok, this is as close as I am going to get.

2006820192715_Goldemps.jpg
<br />

2006820192734_blkemps.jpg
<br />

200682019282_Lotus.jpg
<br />

2006820192819_jrs.jpg
<br />

2006820192838_Gents.jpg
<br />

SteveRoberts

Well with 2 doing the pen turning in the household i would venture to say his spare time would be spent by ordering more kits.

Amy has a full time job as a teacher and as such helps with the turning. I think she asked for her own Jet Lathe so she could stop being my cheering section. She turns very well but much more carefully (slowly) than I do, a typical session will be 7 for me to her 2.

As to ordering kits, that is easy. 100 of this, 50 of that, find a way to pay for them.... all done. The blanks are the hard part.

Steve

emackrell

Steve, AWESOME pens!!!!!

Question: your first picture, both trays, the sixth pen from the left/third fm the right -- what kind of blank is that? Where did you get it?

Best of luck on the show circuit!

cheers Eileen[8D]

SteveRoberts

<b>Eileen, IF If am following your question correctly I think you are talking about poorly photographed (overexposed) turquoise trustone (top)and carribearn swirl celluloid (bottom) both from CSU. </b>
Originally posted by emackrell
<br />Steve, AWESOME pens!!!!!

Question: your first picture, both trays, the sixth pen from the left/third fm the right -- what kind of blank is that? Where did you get it?

Best of luck on the show circuit!

cheers Eileen[8D]

Daniel

Impressive, My first thought was that you need a high end safe to keep those boxes in. I got a catalogue that other day that probably has the hardware to make one of those. or six.
gourgeous pens by the way. would love to see a picture of your whole set up once you do your first fall show. I am also with you on the kits are the easy part. I can do 101 things to get the cash for kits. great blanks and turning time are another matter. Nine shows, man my butt is getting numb just thinking about that. wishing you the best at each and every one of them.

BigRob777

Yowsa! (Wow's been used too many times in this string)[:D]
I like the spalted one in the 2nd to the bottom pic. Very nice spalt and turning. Of course I had to pick a wood pen.
Rob

SteveRoberts

One show down, 8 to go.

It was a success but not a rousing one. Each of the big $ boxes saw a little damage. Pretty evenly spread across the range from Gent to Lotus. One fun note, I had a lady looking at two of the Jr. Emperors, she couldn't decide so I coaxed her into both.

There were three booths there (out of 60 vendors) selling pens, including one guy who thought $35 was a LOT to charge for a pen. I sold 13 pens in the $100 and over range, 5 of those over $250. I am not sure how the other guys did but the booth fee was about $500 and I didn't see any celebrating.

Steve

Daniel

Steve,
do you have any pictures of your booth?
I would love to see how your set up looks.
sounds like pretty good results to me. plus don't forget the delayed results from many people seeing your pens that will find you later.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by airrat
<br />All asking about his booth. You can go to his web site and see it. Looks like it was taken at a show in Sedona?

Sedona is a good guess. That is an old pic, sometime I will pack the camera and take a new one. No, that wasn't at a millionaires party but picking the right shows is a BIG part of sales success. The other part is knowing what to do once there. The other pen guys would tell a very different story of that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom