30-06

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

For some time now I have wanted to make a real cartridge pen. The offshore kits are nice, but just were not real. The case I used is a nickel plated Remington 30-06 unfired unprimed case. I pressed a fired primer in and cut the case to proper dimensions. I had to trim the Wall Street II components to match the inside measurements of the case. It turned out fairly nice for the first go around. I've figured out just what is required and the next one will be up to snuff. Might even try some 180 gr bullets for nib. Let me know what you think.

Ben

Attachments

• head 30-06.jpg
    head 30-06.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 233
  • rEMINGTON.jpg
    rEMINGTON.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

I only use real bullets on my pens. I bought a box of 100 from a reloading supply. They are .308 168 grain. If you would like a couple to play with send me a PM and I will drop them in the mail.
Mark

That is a great looking pen you have there Ben.

I drilled out some 30 caliber bullets once when I was experimenting a bit and they are not easy to drill. The lead really clogs up the bit and I broke one off. I drilled several afterward but had to be very careful. If you are going to try making your own I would suggest Barnes as they are solid copper and would be easier to drill and more durable than the jacketed variety.

SDB777

Just a tip...if you haven't already selected any projectiles, you might want to give these a look >>>>> Lead Free <<<<<

Of course cheaper projectiles can be found, but drilling lead sort of 'sucks', and really isn't great for your lungs.

The 'real' casing adds a lot to this piece! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!!

Scott (chicken for breakfast...WOOHOO!) B

Top Bottom