3 new wood box's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

here we have 3 new box's- not the best pictures as the light was failing!!! but there o.k for now
the boxwood and olivewood were roughed out in july 2009 and have been in my house seasoning ever since- the lignum for obvious reasons didnt need any further seasoning so i just let it settle over night

swapped the pictuires for some better one's

lignum vitae- 100 years old recycled lawn green bowling ball
P1060136.jpg

P1060130.jpg

olivewood
P1060127.jpg

boxwood
P1060122.jpg

P1060120.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

George;

Nice work....I really love the lines of the third one.

I have been working a lot of hours lately to get box making down pat so that I can add them to my booth at x-mas this year....

islandturner

George,

Among my first projects when learning to turn were boxes. These are a good inspiration to get back to them occassionally. Very nicely done.

BTW, they're pretty decent photos...!

Tks, Steve

here we have 3 new box's- not the best pictures as the light was failing!!! but there o.k for now
the boxwood and olivewood were roughed out in july 2009 and have been in my house seasoning ever since- the lignum for obvious reasons didnt need any further seasoning so i just let it settle over night

Thank you folks

Rfturner: sorry i should have said its an old lawn green bowling ball not ten pin- they come up on e-bay every now and then- but be carfull if you decide to buy some there not all genuine lignum vitae

PaulDoug

Thank you folks

Rfturner: sorry i should have said its an old lawn green bowling ball not ten pin- they come up on e-bay every now and then- but be carfull if you decide to buy some there not all genuine lignum vitae

I meant to comment on that in my earlier post. Was curious where you got the ball. Now I'm curious how you would know it is the real thing (lignum vitae) until you received it? Sure is beautiful wood.

I agree with Lenny, I like boxes and to me they look like more of a challenge then bowls. Fitting the lids is fun and keeping the grain lined up. Great job on yours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom