3 new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

antler-cigar.jpg
This is the first deer antler cigar for me, black TI hardware and CA finish sorry about the poor photo skills.

Spalted-Pecan-Polaris.jpg

This Polaris is from a piece of Spalted Pecan that was sent to me by Guts, it is a CA finish and I put in a Parker Gel refil, it is a very smooth writing pen, again apologies for the image quality

Blue-gold-acrylic-polaris.jpg
This is the best PR cast I have done so far, I think it was an accident, actually I want to thank every one who has contributed tutorials on casting. I know wrong forum[:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Originally posted by neon007
<br />Congrats on the fine cast. I really like that antler. What is the brown thing??
Keith, the brown thing is a natural unturned feature of the antler, this pen was done from the beam, near where the antler connects to the skull, and the antler has some good color and deep grooving, I guess it the equivalent of the bark of a tree,

bitshird

Originally posted by guts
<br />Ken,that's a great job on all three,guess you know my favorite[8D]
Thanks Bill, I sure enjoy the wood you sent me, that Pecan has drawn alot of comments at school, I've let several people use it and they have Oohd and aahhd about the way it writes and when I show them the worm tracks they want to know how on earth I got it so smooth,it's easy I told them just used about a half botttle of super glue, (actually filled the worm tracks with thick CA and then used 5 coats of Med CA over a base of thin)
The Gel refill and the Polaris weight with that nice pecan make for a fine writting instrument, I wish I'd had a different finish, just not a Gold guy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom