3 from this weekend and one from tonight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

Yellow Cobra on a Chrome Cigar
Purple Python on a Platinum Two-tone Cigar (I love the look of this kit)
Cocobolo on a Platinum Euro Fountain Pen
And my own Arbor Mist on a Platinum Euro Fountain Pen

Attachments

• Frank James.jpg
    Frank James.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Jesse James.jpg
    Jesse James.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Sao Paulo.jpg
    Sao Paulo.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 167
  • Arbor 2.jpg
    Arbor 2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Mike,

Those look great! In one of the specialty hobby stores near by (30 miles) they have snake skins of different kinds in different colors. Those look like the ones available here.

Great looking pens!

Russianwolf

Mike,
I to like the Purple Python combination. Where did you get your kits?

Grant

The Two-Tone Platinum Cigar (which he sold out of during the group buy) comes from WoodPenPro.com, He also has them in Ti Gold/Black Chrome In stock(which I'll be doing a couple this weekend) They are really nice kits, but you do have to make a slight modification to them.

The centerband will not fit over the tranny holder on the lower barrel of the pen as shipped. You need to remove a bit of material from the inside of the centerband to accomodate this. I found it a very quick and easy mod.

I took the centerband and put the end that fits inside the upper tube in my jacobs chuck on the lathe. I then used my skew to remove about 1/32 of the material about 1/16 deep. Test fitted the other part while it's still on the lathe, and viola. It worked and she looks perfect. I'll take a picture tonight of the centerband modification.

I think the problem is that the plating on both parts are just a bit too thick, but you don't want to remove material from the tranny holder since it's more visable.

Too thick a plating, who'd a thought we'd have that problem.

Skye

1-2-3-4, I smell some blanks from Glimmerz N More. Really dig both the snakes, think the yellow is the winner though.

They both seem to have a somewhat satin finish. I know I had problems getting a high gloss on some GNM seconds a while back. Is that what I'm seeing or is it just a prob with the photos?

Russianwolf

1-2-3-4, I smell some blanks from Glimmerz N More. Really dig both the snakes, think the yellow is the winner though.

They both seem to have a somewhat satin finish. I know I had problems getting a high gloss on some GNM seconds a while back. Is that what I'm seeing or is it just a prob with the photos?

Not the photos. I could get a gloss on these to save my life. These were on clearance so they may have been seconds like you got. I do have a couple blanks that were not on clearance, I'll try one of those this weekend and see if there's a difference.

After 3 tries at getting a gloss finish like on the Rattler I did, I gave up.

Skye

Not the photos.

Man, I hate it for ya. I tried and tried, never could figure it out. I've seen others turn their stuff and it look ok. Now the seconds, I don't think I had any luck with any of them. I guess there's a chance you could slather some CA on it like it were a wood pen, see if it adds some clarity, don't know if it'll help or not.

Top Bottom