#3, finished yesterday.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dannv

This is my third kitless pen. The brass connector in the middle was a real pain. In total, I have about 25 hours in this one. I'm really happy with the final product. It's not perfect, but it's as close as I can get ATM.

Pen-29-1.jpg
Pen-29-2.jpg
Pen-29-3.jpg
Pen-29-4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chriscb

Hey a little late to the discussion. What's not to like - proportions are good, finish is bright, use of brass is interesting. The acrylic is a little too gaudy for me - but I'm an old fuddy dudy so no surprise there! How does the brass hold up to handling? Does it dull and can it be repolished easily.

Chriscb

Dannv

Hey a little late to the discussion. What's not to like - proportions are good, finish is bright, use of brass is interesting. The acrylic is a little too gaudy for me - but I'm an old fuddy dudy so no surprise there! How does the brass hold up to handling? Does it dull and can it be repolished easily.

Chriscb
Thank you.

Brass polishes easily. How this will hold up, I don't know yet. However, I expect it will be fine. It will need a little tarnish remover periodically. If I can find someone to make the center piece for me, I'll make more of these, but if not, I won't. They're a real pain with the mini lathe I have for metal working.

Top Bottom