3-31-12 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

The report:

The meeting turned out to be just Rob (slolouie) and I. Cindy had a painful medical situation to deal with and couldn't make the trip down. Others had personal; business,medical reasons or whatever keeping them away. It was a fun meeting regardless giving Rob a one on one demo of the process I was showing. He gave his ideas which helped to develop the piece into what it became. We both had fun and enjoyed a nice lunch of carrot soup and french dip sandwiches with Kathy in the house (Where it was warm). The conversation was enlightening at times and humorous at others. All in all and great time.

Rob also got to take home a huge box of wood due to being a newbie.

Meet Rob. Rob meet the world at large.
3-31-12 Meeting Rob 3.jpg3-31-12 Meeting Rob 4.jpg

See Robs Bowl. See Rob's bowl look good.
3-31-12 Meeting  Robs bowl 1.jpg3-31-12 Meeting  Robs bowl 2.jpg3-31-12 Meeting  Robs bowl 3.jpg3-31-12 Meeting  Robs bowl 4.jpg

The demo is completed.
3-31-12 Meeting  demo completion oblique.jpg3-31-12 Meeting  demo completion 2.jpg3-31-12 Meeting demo completion top.jpg

The newbie makes a haul.
3-31-12 Meeting  Robs newbie haul.jpg

Newbie Rob grins at his fortune.
3-31-12 meeting Rob 1.jpg3-31-12 Meeting Rob 2.jpg

ginger cookies and peanut butter nut fudge, oh my.
3-31-12 Meeting  baked ginger cookies and fudge.jpg

Oops. I forgot to photograph the rest of lunch. Oh well. Didn't last long anyway.

Can't wait for the next meeting to come around.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SloLouie

Had a great time visiting with you Larry, thanks for opening up your shop, even if it was a crowd of 1 that came. I learned a lot and came away with a lot ideas and wood as the pics show! Now I need to get busy and making some shavings! And yes the lunch was good too!

Cheers,

nava1uni

Sorry I missed it. I am okay. Had to have a toe nail removed, OUCH!!! It is almost all healed. I will be at the next one for sure. Sure hated to miss this one. When is the next one?

ldubia

Not sure when the next one is, but is but I am already looking forward to it. How many of you are going to the AAW Symposium in June? I know I will be therre with pen and paper too take notes and learn from the Masters.

Top Bottom