2nd Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Made a little pen holder for all my pens. Well, some of my pens. Made from claro(?) Walnut.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobostro61

140+ views, 3 likes, and no comments... I didn't think it was THAT bad... LOL
Here it is loaded up with pens I've made...

IMG_1241.jpg

Last edited:

keithbyrd

140+ views, 3 likes, and no comments... I didn't think it was THAT bad... LOL
Here it is loaded up with pens I've made...

View attachment 97019
I like the bowl! Sometimes you can post something on here and get practically no response and other times you get tons of feedback! So just keep posting!!
I do like the bowl - I have a piece of claro walnut but haven't turned anything with it yet - gonna have to break it out!

robutacion

How frustrating and disappoint it may be to, post something and being practically ignored, sometimes its only a matter of thread title and the first impressions.

How incorrect it may be to react based on "impressions" and or assumptions, I was almost going to jump to the next threat/post under the "new posts" options, without making any comment, only because I didn't see a need or a reason why I should say anything, at least at this point, and why was that...??? because, when I read the thread and saw the pic, I "assumed" that you have just turn a bowl, that looked a lot bigger than what it is and I could see the connection between the pics and the title so, I move along...!

Quite honestly, looking at the piece as a "normal bowl", I saw nothing special nor I liked it very much, it didn't seem right for a "bowl" and instead of trying to be a nice guy, put a "finger up/like" and write, "nice bowl...!", I felt I was doing everyone a favour and being honest to myself to, do and say nothing...!

However, I saw your reply in the corner of my eye and that brought my attention immediately and made me think that, this time, I should say something...!:wink::biggrin:

Anyone that know me well enough, will know that, I mean no disrespect and I'm only trying to give you some constructive criticism and at the same time, "remind" you and everyone else that, we all can get these sort of reactions from other members, and that, it is a very good reason why (exceptions do apply, off-course...!).

You're done nothing wrong my friend however, I believe, you, me and everyone else, post things because we want them to be seen and commented on, otherwise is no point so, and based on that simple principle that applies to EVERYONE, we should make "it" a little more "attractive and attention" orientated, to avoid those type of disappointments.

Just my opinion...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Now, I understand and can see, what you meant on the original post and you either need a big "bowl" or you start selling some pens...!:cool::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

fernhills

2nd One of many bowls to come. I got change bowls all over the house. Some on my work bench holding bushing and pen parts, always could use another. Carl

Hendu3270

Bob,

Don't take a lack of comments as an indication of the quality or "coolness" of your crafted items. :wink:

The holder looks great. Sometimes we need a break from pens to turn or create something else just to change it up. I like it.

Bobostro61

Wow, sorry! I didn't mean to cause such a commotion! It was all in good fun. I don't expect anybody to reply to my posts. Nor do I think that anybody should be replying to each and every post. There's just too many! I myself try to post a reply when I can but there's no way anyone can do them all. You'd have to be sitting here on the forum 24/7.

NittanyLion

Bob,

Looks great to me. I love turning walnut. I still have my first couple bowls, and even though my skills have improved tremendously, I'm just as proud of those as I am my more complex ones. Keep turnin!

Top Bottom