2016 MPG Planning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

As most of you know, we are in the planning stages of the 2016 MPG.
I have a few questions for those of you who may be coming.

Right now it looks like Akron, Ohio April 8-9, 2016

Please answer the following questions

1. Will you arrive Friday in time for a few demo's Friday evening?
2. With a room rate around $80 would you stay at the host hotel?
3. Would you head home Saturday after or spend the night in Akron and leave Sunday?
4. Would a registration fee of $20 per family keep you away?
5. Would you preregister and prepay for a discount?

That should be enough for now.
Please don't read anything into these questions, we are still planning.
You can answer here or PM me if you would rather

thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

1. yes
2. yes
3. Saturday
4. No
5. Yes

Me, too.

Has Rich had a heart attack about the registration fee, yet?:wink:

Heart attack no, surprise yes. From free to $20 is a jump, but I have no idea about the expenses. We could always keep it a free event because I was able to get a free facility. Folks always went out and got their own lunch until Jeff volunteered to pay for it. A tip jar always covered my expenses, I guess I was always just a cheap date! Keep up the good work guys!

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "MPG" stand for? (And I just KNOW I'm going to kick myself...)

Midwest Pen Gathering.

Haven't been since the very first one, but a good time was had by all... we had Jalapeno Poppers at the first one.

Now that it's not in Champane/Urbana, not as much incentive for me ... my grand daughters are all in C.U.....

jdmacdo

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Sunday
4. No
5. Yes

I'm not happy about the 10 hour trip from Iowa, so it may be beyond what we are willing to do if it is in Akron.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
We are still in the planning stages. We have looked and looked for free or cheap venues, but the only one we've found so far has no parking. We are looking at a host hotel wit a couple of meeting rooms. We have been looking in the Akron area because Hartville Hardware has offered to loan us a lathe and some tools. We are not married to the Akron area and are looking closer to Cleveland. Rich-- this is hard.

low_48

We are still in the planning stages. We have looked and looked for free or cheap venues, but the only one we've found so far has no parking. We are looking at a host hotel wit a couple of meeting rooms. We have been looking in the Akron area because Hartville Hardware has offered to loan us a lathe and some tools. We are not married to the Akron area and are looking closer to Cleveland. Rich-- this is hard.

It gets easier Bob, about 2 hours after the event starts. Until then, it can get rough. Just do what feels right to you. Only about 25% are even going to reply, or give suggestions. Sometimes, I thought about 30 people were going to show up. Never had less than 65 or so on my watch. Speaking of that, you do know you have to do this for 4 years, don't you? Greg did the first 4 years, me the next 4. So we do have a pattern set. Good luck guys!

thewishman

Didn't Mike find the IAP offices in Columbus a few weeks ago?:clown:

Rich, you did a great job and I really enjoyed the years you hosted. Thank you for all of the hard work and hours you put in. I admire how you took things over and kept the MPG going.:)

Greg was a pioneer and a brave guy. He started things out with a bang and he's a hero to me for that.:)

Sorry to hijack your thread, Bob.:redface: Back to you.

Top Bottom