Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Pen #7

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Pen #8

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CREID

Here is the Ultimate contest (Casting 1 resin/polyclay contest) Voting Poll.
So here is what you do.
Vote for 3, that's three entries.
These people have done an incredible job and we need as many members to vote in order for them to see how much we appreciate their efforts.

Voting will run for 3 days.
Vote for 3.

Good luck to all the contestants and good luck to the voters too, this won't be easy, these are some nice blanks they have made and then turned into pens.

p.s. They all have Curt for a name at the bottom. That is my name and I forgot to take off my footer for my posts.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Pen #1
DSC09167 (2).JPG

DSC09168 (2).JPG

This blank is a three color Alumilite pour using enamel paint. I added a bit of mica powder to the resin to try and achieve that ""outer space"" looking blank. I reverse painted the blank white and used white tubes to try and lighten it up a bit. Decided to go with a black titanium/platinum Elegant Sierra component set to keep it a little dark.""

CREID

Pen #2

This pen was removed because the name of the pen maker was included in the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:

CREID

Pen #3
entry1.JPG

entry2.JPG

I named this blank South Beach Sunset. This blank was made using a 3-color pour of Castin Craft polyester resin tinted with acrylic craft paint. The colors used are Coral Cove, Light Turquoise, and White. I paired the blank with a clean, crisp Dual Chrome Cigar Pen from Bear Tooth Woods.

CREID

Pen #4
IAP-6.JPG

IAP-7.JPG

I used resin and mixed a light green and dark green mica powder in it. I drilled the blanks and painted the inside of them, and glued the tubes in. I turned the blank down a bit past the bushings. I sanded and micro meshed the blank at this point. Then I added a super translucent (so you could see through it) paint and applied it to the blank to add a layer of depth to it and change the color in a large part of the blank. I made sure though that some of the green still came though in its pure color and you can see the mica reflective part coming through the whole blank. Then I sealed it with CA and micro meshed it and buffed it. This was the result. Great depth in it.

Last edited:

CREID

Pen #5
CCDB1.jpg

CCDB2.jpg

Out of frustration trying to find a blank that complements the beauty of gold and sliver/chrome accented components, I decided to try casting my own. This four color PR pour, which I have named "Metallurgy" is the result. The pearlescent pigments and the base dyes are: Aztec Gold in transparent yellow, Super Bronze in transparent orange, Super Copper in transparent orange, and Silver without base color. I chose not to swirl the PR color blends after pouring them into ¾" PVC molds, because I wanted larger fields of color intermixed, like you would see if you poured molten metal together. The component set is a Triton fountain pen.

Last edited:

CREID

Pen #6
001.JPG

005.JPG

Tell us about your entry: Polymer Clay on a Baron 11 Rollerball pen. The colours used are L Blue, White, Aqua, Yellow, Brown, Orange and Dark Blue. After making numerous blanks using a combination of coloured layers, I took advantage of all the sliced left over pieces to create this set of blanks The original blanks were made using 4 or 5 of the above colours all stacked one on top of each other in roughly the required size and about 1/8" thick all up. Then a number of different shaped items were pressed into these layers, taking care not to go right through, to create a texture. Then the top part of these layers is peeled/cut/sliced away bit by bit until the desired result is achieved. Then rolled and cut to size. Most of these sliced left over pieces were then were then stacked/layered and smoothed/rolled to get this pattern. The pattern is totally unique and could never be reconstructed again.

Last edited:

CREID

Pen #7
image(32).jpeg

image(33).jpeg

Tell us about your entry: PR Resin blank made by me, Kit is a Rhodium Dayacom Longwood Clicker, Colours are mica powder, white pearl and a super bright neon orange, made as a two blank slab then sliced in half Thanks

Last edited:

CREID

Pen #8
BASHPolyEntry,Markison2016pic1_edited-1.jpg

MarkisonBASHENTRY,pic2(1).jpg

Rolled out Sculpey Premo clay to 1/32 inch thickness\nDid a pearlescent ink abstract painting.\nLet paint dry\nRolled painting through pasta roller to fracture colors\nCut and adhered clay onto brass tube with liquid Sculpey clay\nBaked clay painting onto tube for 20 min at 275 degrees\nTube in pressure casted it in Alumilite water clear\nTurned down carefully on lathe\nSanded to 12,00 grit (no polish)\nAssembled the pen

Last edited:

CREID

Don't forget to vote. Every vote counts.
And leave a comment to keep this poll at the top.
For those of you that have voted. There are some beautiful pens in there made from blanks made by the contestants themselves, aren't there?

CREID

voooooooooooooooooooooooote. Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's make this the highest voting contest in this years bash. Your vote may be the one that puts it over the top.

stonepecker

I have voted and now want to know who made what so I ca PM my favorite.

CURT.........Raid the other posting to get votes here. It worked for me. LOL!
I would like to see this contest get the most votes. The youth contests totaled 324 votes. (Just saying.......lol)

Last edited:

bobleibo

Curt
I think you and Derek both went to the same school of picture posting...both of you have pics so big I had to look at them on a drive-in-movie theater screen!
But it gave me a chance to get a really good look at the entries and they are amazing. I see a few blanks that I am hoping the creator markets them.
Bob~

CREID

Curt
I think you and Derek both went to the same school of picture posting...both of you have pics so big I had to look at them on a drive-in-movie theater screen!
But it gave me a chance to get a really good look at the entries and they are amazing. I see a few blanks that I am hoping the creator markets them.
Bob~

I just copied the links from the spreadsheet and posted them, They came out the way they came out. :eek: I almost had to go buy a new monitor to see them myself.:biggrin:
And do I HAVE to be mentioned in the same post as Derek?:bulgy-eyes:

Last edited:

CREID

I have voted and now want to know who made what so I ca PM my favorite.

CURT.........Raid the other posting to get votes here. It worked for me. LOL!
I would like to see this contest get the most votes. The youth contests totaled 324 votes. (Just saying.......lol)

I am appointing you to PM all the members that voted in the youth contests and tell them to vote.:tongue:

CREID

I just looked and the pics are there. they are in posts right after the poll. I have to leave now, so try again or maybe restart your browser and try that. i'll check back later when I get home and see if you can see them.

CREID

Ok, by now I am sure there is one, and I am sure it is only one person tired of me begging for votes. Time is getting tight and this is my last begging post.

Vote:bananen_smilies068:
:bananen_smilies019:V-O-T-E
What are you waiting for CHRISTMAS?

CREID

That is very sad that there were only 134 votes in this contest, despite the EPIC EFFORTS of Curt.

Thank you Curt .

Bob.

Thanks, if the powers that be or are invite me to run this contest next year, I have learned a lot and hope to make it more fun. It has been a pleasure to help out the IAP in this way. And I hope the contestants had fun, they definitely should be proud of what they have done. And also those that have voted.
I have to leave for the evening so I will post winners later today or tomorrow. Your all winners in my book though.

Bob Wemm

That is very sad that there were only 134 votes in this contest, despite the EPIC EFFORTS of Curt.

Thank you Curt .

Bob.

Thanks, if the powers that be or are invite me to run this contest next year, I have learned a lot and hope to make it more fun. It has been a pleasure to help out the IAP in this way. And I hope the contestants had fun, they definitely should be proud of what they have done. And also those that have voted.
I have to leave for the evening so I will post winners later today or tomorrow. Your all winners in my book though.

OH THE AGONY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

CREID

Thank you Curt .

Bob.

OH THE AGONY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
You know, a sadistic person like myself could make people wait a long time.:biggrin: And I am like that when I just get out of bed.:devil:

CREID

3rd place 63 votes Bob in SF
BASHPolyEntry,Markison2016pic1_edited-1.jpg

2nd place72 votes Brian G
CCDB1.jpg

1st place 85 votes Bob Wemm
001.JPG

Congratulations contestants. Everyone please give at least a like to the winners. They did a wonderful Job.

It's still early for me, I just got up, I hope I got this right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom