2014 We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Rules Photo Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

2014 We Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules Photo Contest (Click here for entry form)

Whether photography is your passion, your hobby, or you just can't shoehorn your creativity into the restrictions place on the other contests, we invite you to participate in our 2014 We Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules Photo Contest, celebrating the IAP's 10th anniversary!

All IAP members in good standing with the rules of the Birthday Bash are welcome to participate.

Please read the complete contest guidelines (they are not rules, but we can't be anarchists after all) before entering.

OFFICIAL CONTEST GUIDELINES

No donation or payment necessary to enter or win. Bribes will be accepted, :devil: but will not affect your eligibility, visibility (or invisibility as the case may be), or the outcome of the contest. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Photo Eligibility:
To enter, you must be a registered member of IAP with your First and Last Name and home town and state in your profile. Judges and others participating in the administration of the Photo Challenge are not eligible to participate. Photos can be from any date and do not have to be taken specifically for the contest but THEY MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY SHOWN PUBLICLY HER ON THE IAP OR ANY OTHER SITE PRIOR TO ENTRY OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF CONTEST WINNERS.

The photo subject should be at lease vaguely pen or turning related and must be something that can exist in a digital image file.

Photo Formats:
Entries may be color or black & white digital images only. Images must be at least 600 pixels in height, and no more than 800 pixels in width OR height, and be in JPEG or PNG format.

Submitting Digital Images:

Digital images should be submitted using the Official Entry Form form. Maximum width: 800 pixels, maximum height:600 pixels. Remember, small pictures will not able to be effectively judged so please give us the biggest picture you can within the limits. Images should be submitted in JPG or PNG format (file extensions can be *.jpg, *.jpeg, or *.png. MAC users, please put the .jpg or .png extension in your file name to help us out). File sizes must be less than 256K per image. ALL PICTURES THAT DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENT WILL BE REJECTED WITHOUT NOTICE! (In reality, I will try and notify you if there is time, but I'm playing the role of the big bad official here... If your entry comes in at the last minute, you may be S.O.L.) Please ask before you submit an image if you do not understand this, and if you cannot meet these requirements for some reason, please contact me by PM and I will do what I can to help out. I don't want anyone to miss out because the cannot format the images as needed.

Image Modifications:

• Yea, go for it…

Photographer/Copyright:
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than you. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.

Ownership/Use Rights:
Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the IAP website without any fee or other form of compensation. Photographers agree that IAP may display winning photos in a "past winners" photo gallery and retain copies of the photograph for promotional purposes. Photos will be credited to the photographer.

How to Enter:
Photos need to be submitted through the Official Entry Form ( The 2014 IAP Photo Challenge ) and ABSOLUTELY NOT POSTED HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE FORUM. If it has been posted or otherwise shown on IAP, it is not eligible for this contest. Your IAP username, E-Mail address, and First and Last Name are required on the entry form but I highly suggest that you include the other fields so that it will make it easier to send you your prizes if you win! All personal information will be kept strictly confidential (even from me!!) and will only be accessible to members of the IAP Birthday Bash necessary to administer and distribute prizes.

Be sure to select the correct category ("No Rules") on your submission, as the same entry form is being used for several contests.

Entries must be received by Friday February 21, 2013 11:59 PM PST be eligible.

Judging:
Sunday, February 23rd a poll thread will be posted of all entries to be voted on by the entire IAP membership between the time it is posted and February 28th. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS CONTEST IS NOT OVER UNTIL THIS POLL IS CLOSED AND THE RESULTS ARE MADE PUBLIC!! As such you should not post your photo or any other information on this site or any others that would identify your photo to other members. Promoting your entry to other members in any way (in person, Private Message, E-Mail, Phone, posting pleas for votes) is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.

Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Place: Paul Huffman Vise from hdbblue (valued at $90) & Jack Daniels Blanks from jimm1 (value at least $25)

2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate from Mutt blanks (valued at $50) & Mirka sanding Discs from swagopenturner (valued at $25)

3rd Place: Instant Glues from Satellite City (valued at $40) & Box of Blanks from Southernclay (value at least $25)

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Less than 2 weeks left...

HUGE... and if we don't get any more entries, that means I can keep the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place for myself!!!

YAAAAAYYYYY ME!

OK, I really can't keep the prizes that are not awarded, but neither can you if you don't enter!! Don't worry the dog's (or kid's) hair will grow back, you wanted to get the IAP logo tatooed on your bald spot anyway, and taking a "selfie" while bungie jumping off your roof peak may be dangerous and land you in the Emergency Room for 16 hours on a Friday night, but you could win A HUGE PILE OF GLUE AND SOME AWESOME PEN BLANKS!!!! :biggrin:

Don't miss out on entering the contest because you can't get a good cell signal from the E.R. waiting room at the last minute!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

toddlajoie

It's still an OPEN field!!!

5 days left, and 2nd and 3rd place are still anyone's game!!!!

Seriously, right now if you submitted a 600x800 pixel black square you would be a shoe in for 2nd place. No photo skills involved. How easy can that be????

Now based on past years, there will be more entries at the last minute, so I would STRONGLY recommend you try a little bit harder than the black square mentioned above. But c'mon, there are NO RULES HERE!!! Surely you are frustrated by the restrictions and requirements of the other contests!!!

Send them a message
in no uncertain terms that your creativity will not be contained!!!

Stick it to the MAN!!!

Cast your vote for anarchy!!!

Just do it before the end of the day this Friday (11:59PM PST Friday Feb 21st), 'cause we have a schedule to keep.

Mr Vic

What does the term S.O.L. mean? I looked in the library at the acronyms but no luck!:glasses-cool:

toddlajoie

:devil: For no rules, that first post is awfully long and there is a bunch of things that kinda look like rules. :devil:

Guidelines are NOT rules!!!:biggrin: Plus, rules are meant to be broken, in fact you could say that one of the rules for the No Rules contest would be that you had to break the rules, but if that was the rule, then you would have to break that rule, which would mean not breaking any rules, and by not breaking any rules you would be breaking the rule that said you had to break the rules, which (besides making my head hurt) brings us back to the S.O.L. status.

What does the term S.O.L. mean? I looked in the library at the acronyms but no luck!:glasses-cool:

Now these "Gudelines":) are open to interpreation, much like song lyrics, so I don't want to tell you what I had in mind when I wrote it, but if you were to click on it in the first post, it may or may not be a link...:eek:

toddlajoie

Procrastinators UNITE!!!!

Procrastinators UNITE!!!!

I didn't count the breakdown, but between the 3 photo contests, 9 new entries were received between 5PM and 10PM (EST) tonight!!!

Now I know this contest is bringing out the rebel without a clue demographic here on IAP, you know the type, always running with scissors, using their skews to round square stock, gluing their tubes in with Kindergarden Paste (and eating what's left over) and sharpening their tools on the curb in front of their house, but y'all have to pull it together and tow the line on this one point. Your photos MUST be submitted by 11:59.59PM Pacific Time TONIGHT!!! After that you can go back to licking 9 volt batteries...:biggrin:

toddlajoie

The contest is now CLOSED!!!

The jig is up, the ship has sailed, the lights are out, and Motel 6 is no longer leaving the light on for you.

Thanks for all who entered!!! The contest entries for this contest have run an incredibly diverse gamut. It is always amazing to see what people come up with when you are given almost no restrictions, or guidelines. I'll be putting the polls together later today and posting it either tonight or very early this morning. Voting will remain open until roughly the end of the month, so when you see them, be sure to pop in and vote for the photo that makes you scratch your head and say " What is that persons clinical psychological diagnosis?"

Top Bottom