2-way tech pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMayoIII

I made a few of these pens a while back and was recently commissioned to make another. My problem is they are no longer available on the PSI website. They still sell the bushings but not the kit. Does anyone maybe have one of these that would want to trade? Or are they available elsewhere still?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

I just checked and I do have one. The tubes are glued in blanks but I can turn the wood away. If you are interested send me a PM with your address and I'll figure out what the shipping would be.

Michael

RMayoIII

Thank you all! I was able to find them at wood n whimsies.

Tim, this pen uses a twist mechanism that holds either two mini refills or one mini and one hard pda stylus insert. My sister is a nurse and uses hers with a red and a black refill for charting.

Michael, thank you for the offer but I think I'm going to order several from wood n whimsies.

alphageek

Former Moderator
FYI - the reason that these are getting harder to find is that their usefulness is dropping. The "hard" stylus won't work with any of the modern tech devices. All of the newer smart phones use capacitance not pressure. Therefore you see the new soft tips not this style.

sbell111

FYI - the reason that these are getting harder to find is that their usefulness is dropping. The "hard" stylus won't work with any of the modern tech devices. All of the newer smart phones use capacitance not pressure. Therefore you see the new soft tips not this style.
I agree that the need for hard styluses is going away, but pens made from those kits using two different color ink refills sell really well.

BSea

I wonder if a slimline stylus tip will work on this pen. I think you can order the parts from a few vendors, but I can't remember who sells them.

walshjp17

I wonder if a slimline stylus tip will work on this pen. I think you can order the parts from a few vendors, but I can't remember who sells them.

PSI and WoodTurningz sell Touch Style Conversion Kits for keychains, Slimlines, Comfort, Designer/European and other 7mm kits. However, the 2 Way Tech Pen seems to be a 3/8" tubed pen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom