2 San Antonio Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cestmoi

cestmoi

A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions for a San Antonio-themed pen to make for my Dad for his 84th birthday. I took my parents to San Antonio a few years ago and my Dad absolutely fell in love with the city. He hadn't flown since serving in the Army during the Korean war, and the trip was a big thrill for him. We've since gone back again because he loves San Antonio so much. With the incredible generosity of Gordon (flyitfast) and Mark (Mark s), I was able to make him two unique pens. The Jr Gent is made from mesquite and pecan wood from trees in San Antonio and the stamp pen features an Alamo stamp. Both pens are far from perfect. It seems the more important a pen is to me, the more problems I have with it. However, both pens were made with love and I think my Dad will enjoy them. Comments are welcome. I'm already very well aware of the mistakes I made.

Many thanks, again, to everyone for the great pen ideas and especially to Gordon and Mark for the wood blanks and stamp blanks.

dad san antonio pen 1.jpg

dad san antonio pen 2.jpg

dad alamo pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Be Proud Michelle! I know your Dad will.

For what you have done in such a short time is great - The minor flaws you know of will not mean a thing; yes, it was created from LOVE!

BTW: I love the Pecan/Mesquite! :)

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The one flaw that I see will most certainly be overlooked by your father. All he will see are treasured keepsakes from his daughter.

flyitfast

Leslie, you did the SA wood very proud - you really brought life to the pecan and mesquite. I know your Dad will be very happy with the pens you created. I'm glad to have helped you bring back his memories. Anxious to hear his thoughts on both of the pens. Hope you can bring him back to SA sometime in the future.
The Alamo stamp idea was a good one also.
Let me know if I can help at all in the future.
gordon

OZturner

Beautiful pens Leslie.
Your viewing in the flesh, must be more revealing than in the Photographs.
I can't see anything to get my "nickers in a knot" about.
To me they look Beautiful, I love the Mesquite/Pecan, and using the Alamo stamp was inspired.
They both Ooze Love, Respect and Admiration.
Your Dad will be delighted with these Special Gifts.
Congratulations,
Brian.

rblakemore

I love mesquite and pecan; and, together they came out well. Great job.
For my taste they are a little fat; but, I do that a lot still. If that is the only flaw; they are great.

Top Bottom