2/21/13 The bear has roared! :) New puzzle available! **word list now visible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The bear was poked and he has roared with a vengeance! I have created a new word search puzzle for your "enjoyment"!. This one is a little different and may pose a real challenge! For this one, the list of "words" is hidden!

To get a list of "words" to search for, visit the library and find the list of acronyms. This list is quite large and only a select number of them have been used. It will be up to you to search until you find all the words in the puzzle. You will know you have found them all when you get the completion code message!

I think this one could be very challenging so here is what we are going to do. Those who complete the puzzle in 24 hours from the date of this initial posting will get 2 points. After 24 hours, I will un-hide the list of words and anyone else who completes the puzzle until I get a new one made (at least 24 hours) will get the normal 1 point!

It is possible to cheat with this puzzle if you are very web savvy so I ask for your honesty. If you feel you need to cheat in order to look good or to win, then it will be a scar on your conscience for the rest of your days and your pens will start being out of round and your finishes will start to suck!:eek: So, don't cheat!

The inspiration for this puzzle came from rholiday's post so blame him if it frustrates you!
Let's not tell the PR Princess about the 'Word Search Frustration Edition' that can be found on the internet. She might pass it on to Curtis, and then we would be up the proverbial creek without any means of propulsion. :eek:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The bear was poked and he has roared with a vengeance! I have created a new word search puzzle for your "enjoyment"!. This one is a little different and may pose a real challenge! For this one, the list of "words" is hidden!

To get a list of "words" to search for, visit the library and find the list of acronyms. This list is quite large and only a select number of them have been used. It will be up to you to search until you find all the words in the puzzle. You will know you have found them all when you get the completion code message!

I think this one could be very challenging so here is what we are going to do. Those who complete the puzzle in 24 hours from the date of this initial posting will get 2 points. After 24 hours, I will un-hide the list of words and anyone else who completes the puzzle until I get a new one made (at least 24 hours) will get the normal 1 point!

It is possible to cheat with this puzzle if you are very web savvy so I ask for your honesty. If you feel you need to cheat in order to look good or to win, then it will be a scar on your conscience for the rest of your days and your pens will start being out of round and your finishes will start to suck!:eek: So, don't cheat!

The inspiration for this puzzle came from rholiday's post so blame him if it frustrates you!
Let's not tell the PR Princess about the 'Word Search Frustration Edition' that can be found on the internet. She might pass it on to Curtis, and then we would be up the proverbial creek without any means of propulsion. :eek:
Yeah, But where's the puzzle?

THarvey

Does the 24 hours start from when you posted the message or from when you actually post the link?

markgum

Mr. Curtis said he created it. not posted it.. :biggrin: :biggrin:
And by telling us where the answers were we can get a head start on compiling the answer sheet. I'm just glad I have Friday off so I can work on it.. :tongue:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Yeah, But where's the puzzle?
Well it is an ALMOST puzzle......:tongue:

hewunch

hewunch

Not every word is there. I will not tell you how many different places I tried CA and CB. If it is the right word in the right place it will highlight just like the others.

terryf

well now that we've discovered its acronyms, is downloading the acronym list considered cheating? if so, I'm out as the yankee jargon is way over my head :)

THarvey

:eek:Here is a funny one. I printed off the word search this morning and started circling. I just went back to the daily puzzler page and the puzzle is changed. All of the letters are arranged differently.:eek:

airrat

I left it up on my computer at home. Will it be the same when I get back? haha if not I will submit it with just random letters highlighter and let Curtis wonder what I was drinking with my coffee. I don't get much time to work the puzzles anyway. 8)

gwilki

done - after too many hours

It wasn't as tough as I thought it might be. I did "find" all kinds of acronyms that were not part of the solution, though.

Fun stuff. Keep 'em coming.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The puzzle must be done online. The letter arrangement will be different every time you open the puzzle but all of the words are still there. The puzzles are also always available on the Almost Daily Puzzler tab of the bash auxilliary web site. Home

You could do this.

ForumRunner_20130221_114536.png

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my Galaxy player using Forum Runner

airrat

Dammit... I'm stuck on B2B... I've searched the thing 4 times and can't find a 2 :)

Did you look for B to B :biggrin: I am surprised being an "alpha"geek:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Done, the words are *************************************************************************** Ha Ha :biggrin::biggrin: If you can read that let me know.

Now I will hack the words like I should have done before. No I didn't cheat on the first submission.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I think my eyes are crossed permanently now. I go it in... But I don't know what was worse digging through the list looking for TLAs ( where the T NORMALLY stands for 3, but we have a bunch of 2 letter acronyms)... OR having Curtis TELL me there is a cheat possible!!! I would have never EVEN THOUGHT of cheating, but with him telling me its possible.... the mind kept saying "just do it!".

But I got it... Even though I swear the letters were working against me. I think I had PR in my puzzle 6 times!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Not sure what was going on for you guys but I checked and the site is working fine on my end. Maybe it was down temporarily before I checked.

Top Bottom