2/14/13--Got a stumper for you! New Crossword

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I had an idea for those who may not have completed the puzzle in the right amount of time...what if I re-open the puzzle for another day? The folks that completed it within the 24 hours as originally required will get 2 points and anyone who completes it before I have time to create a new puzzle will get one point as normal. Thoughts?

SteveJ

PR_Princess is mean.

:eek:

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Okay, I take it back. After I posted that I figured out the common link and that made it better. It still was a very difficult puzzle but since I was able to complete it I shouldn't complain!

Smitty, like you, I clicked on the x while doing the puzzle, I had to reenter the answers three times. Fortunately I have a good memory - even if it is short.

Steve

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I had an idea for those who may not have completed the puzzle in the right amount of time...what if I re-open the puzzle for another day? The folks that completed it within the 24 hours as originally required will get 2 points and anyone who completes it before I have time to create a new puzzle will get one point as normal. Thoughts?

I'd say it's a great proposal, Curtis.

In fact, last night at dinner (Valentine's Day) Dawn and I were talking about how you could break the ties (all those guys who have a perfect score).

Announce WHEN a puzzle is going to be available (a tough puzzle) and then score 5 points for those who complete in under 90 minutes, 4 points for 90-180 minutes, etc.

Consider doing this for one of each type of puzzle, so those who are best at one kind are not disadvantaged.

I'll lay odds your ties will "disappear". But you DO have to say in advance when the puzzle will come out and best to make it mid-day on a weekend day so most people can "time budget" to get to it immediately.

It's always nice to be a spectator!!
Ed

THarvey

Would you want us to resubmit the second day or will you pick it up in your database?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The puzzle has been restored for those who did not get a chance to work it or complete it yet. As mentioned above, if you complete it before I have time to create a new puzzle, you will get 1 point as always. Those who completed it within the initial 24 hour time period will automatically get 2 points. No need to do it again

PR_Princess

Oooohhhh ....can I help??? :devil:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The puzzle has been restored for those who did not get a chance to work it or complete it yet. As mentioned above, if you complete it before I have time to create a new puzzle, you will get 1 point as always. Those who completed it within the initial 24 hour time period will automatically get 2 points. No need to do it again
It's good of you to do that Curtis, but I'm not going to take advantage of it - it wasn't your fault or the fault of the puzzle that I didn't get it done - I knew the rules when I started it.

Last edited:

THarvey

NO!!!

THarvey

It's good for you to do that Curtis, but I'm not going to take advantage of it - it wasn't your fault or the fault of the puzzle that I didn't get it done - I knew the rules when I started it.

Why not take advantage of it? The way he is scoring, it will not hurt the people who completed it in the initial 24 hours. You only hurt yourself by not doing it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It's good for you to do that Curtis, but I'm not going to take advantage of it - it wasn't your fault or the fault of the puzzle that I didn't get it done - I knew the rules when I started it.

Why not take advantage of it? The way he is scoring, it will not hurt the people who completed it in the initial 24 hours. You only hurt yourself by not doing it.
I play the game by the rules if I win - great. if I don't win, it ain't the first time. I missed a couple of other puzzles because I didn't have time to get to them or because I forgot to check so I'm not hurting myself a whole lot.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Smitty,

I am the rule maker in this contest and I can modify the rules as necessary. In this case, I am not really even changing the rules as much as I am extending the amount of time. The folks who finished in the allotted time get extra points for doing so and if you complete the puzzle before I put up a new one, you will get a point for doing so. Look at it this way, if you do NOT complete this puzzle, you will be down 2 potential points rather than just one. Your choice though.

SteveJ

Hey Smitty, if you send me some kits I'll send you the proof of completion....:)

I don't remember seeing anything in the rules that said you had to finish the puzzles yourself....

Of course the kits have to arrive before Curtis posts another puzzle....

(Just in case someone takes me seriously, this is meant to be a joke - especially since Smitty and I share a mutual respect for the rules.)

Steve

SteveJ

I think you've helped enough already....

longbeard

What? I knew i was not gonna be able to finish in time, shut the computer off at 9:20. Ahhhhhhh!!!
Im glad i did though, i would still be working on it, and i have a half a day at work. Downside is, work has the game blocked, work on it when i get home.............AGAIN!!!
Thanks Curtis

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey Smitty, if you send me some kits I'll send you the proof of completion....:)

I don't remember seeing anything in the rules that said you had to finish the puzzles yourself....

Of course the kits have to arrive before Curtis posts another puzzle....

(Just in case someone takes me seriously, this is meant to be a joke - especially since Smitty and I share a mutual respect for the rules.)

Steve
They're on the way --- but you will have to meet the airplane to pick them up - Carry a big sign that says "Pens flying solo meet here"

Top Bottom