2/10/13 New jigsaw puzzle available!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Folks, I have just set up a new puzzle for you! This is another jigsaw puzzle but this time, it is a little harder. The other jigsaw had 36 pieces, this one has 64 pieces. Remember, you can rotate pieces by selecting them and hitting your space bar key until they are oriented as you want. Complete the puzzle and then look in the featured pens gallery (follow the link in the entry form) to find out who made it. Then post the name of the maker (username is fine) as your proof of completion.

This puzzle requires flash so if you are on an operating system that does not support flash, PM me and I will give you an alternate clue so you can still participate.

The puzzle can be found here: The Almost Daily Puzzler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Some statistics for you...

There were 66 participants in the word search puzzle from 2/1/13
Members with 5 points: 20
Members with 4 points: 14
Members with 3 points: 8
Members with 2 points: 18
Members with 1 point: 42

The perfect score list has not changed from the last puzzle.

SteveJ

I couldn't finish putting the puzzle together because it was too big to fit in the box! (Although I was able to identify the pen...) Thanks for the challenges!

socdad

I still can not get the puzzle to fit into the space … It worker after I refreshed the page and started over.

Last edited:

hewunch

Finding the answer to the completed puzzle is harder than the puzzle, still looking through SOYP!
you did not read the instructions!

SOYP was definitely not the place to be looking! Maybe I should of re-read the instructions! Especially when I'd found the previous puzzle answer there!!

Phil, I did the same thing. I searched the SOYP forum for at least 15 minutes. Searching for black and gold, kitless, roller clip, fountain, etc. Then I thought, "really?!? this pen didn't make the front page??? How could that be?" And then I found it.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If i'm correct, there has been 5 puzzles so far?
I've missed the first 2 :frown:

The current jigsaw puzzle is number 6. You guys thought this one was hard...wait until I decide to thin the heard of perfect scores some! This puzzle had 64 pieces. My software allows me to make one that has 100 pieces! That ought to thin the herd a little. I also have a crossword puzzle waiting on the line that will be a real challenge compliments of Dawn!

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I might even start tricking you guys with what the proof of completion is so BE SURE to always read the instructions in the entry form! I am no longer going to be clarifying what the answers are or where to find them and may even change the rules on future puzzles that your first entry is your only entry so make sure you read up! Gotta make this a little more challenging!

THarvey

THarvey

I might even start tricking you guys with what the proof of completion is so BE SURE to always read the instructions in the entry form! I am no longer going to be clarifying what the answers are or where to find them and may even change the rules on future puzzles that your first entry is your only entry so make sure you read up! Gotta make this a little more challenging!

That could weed out much of the male population.

alphageek

Former Moderator

Especially those of us who have already proven that we fail at instructions!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Actually there appears to be a plan to somehow increase the number of people with perfect scores.

There were 19 members with 4 for 4.
There were 20 members with 5 for 5.

Good catch! I was wondering when someone would point that out! The statistics through number 4 were off by one due to a computation error in my spreadsheet. The good news is, that when it is all done, I will be doing the final tally directly from the database that the form stores the entries in so if I make a mistake or 2 along the way, it will not matter until the final tally is done.

THarvey

Actually there appears to be a plan to somehow increase the number of people with perfect scores.

There were 19 members with 4 for 4.
There were 20 members with 5 for 5.

Good catch! I was wondering when someone would point that out! The statistics through number 4 were off by one due to a computation error in my spreadsheet. The good news is, that when it is all done, I will be doing the final tally directly from the database that the form stores the entries in so if I make a mistake or 2 along the way, it will not matter until the final tally is done.

Any thought of putting up a "Leader Board" as the competition winds down?

Bob Wemm

If i'm correct, there has been 5 puzzles so far?
I've missed the first 2 :frown:

Today's puzzle is number 6. So far, I am 6 for 6 (officially 5 for 5). :biggrin:

Don't get too cocky!!! I have not posted any hard ones yet!!

Yeah, I know. But I can enjoy it while it lasts. :)

I figure my spot in the 2013 Losers Club is very secure. :frown:

I dunno about that Tim, I reckon you have a bit of competition for the 'King of the Losers' title.

Bob.

tim self

I eagerly await these puzzles. Great fun and the hunt makes it more of a challenge. I THINK I've been correct in all 6. We'll see though.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I missed one altogether and started one and when I came back to finish it a new one had been posted, but I'm pretty good at the tough ones.

Top Bottom