1st try at CA finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodTurns

Sometimes those $0.65 blank buys can pay off!
Thanks to Jason in Parkville for convincing me that CA wasn't that hard to do after all!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Looks good. I'm glad you listened to Jason. Your comment is exactly what Russ Fairfield and I have been trying to get across for several months now. It is an easy finish and almost anything works.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by GoodTurns
<br />Sometimes those $0.65 blank buys can pay off!
Thanks to Jason in Parkville for convincing me that CA wasn't that hard to do after all!

GoodTurns

Thanks Don. Didn't set up the light box and everything, just a snap with the point&shoot camera so doesn't show as good as it looks in person. I'm glad I tried it because I can now see the difference in the $30-50 pens I have been selling and what will now be a higher line of pen that I can be sure will last a long time and not dull out as a straight Mylands or other finish <s>might</s> will. I read Russ's manifesto the other day and figured I would give it a try since I didn't have to follow any specific rules!
Jon

jedgerton

Jon,

That looks really nice! The CA finish has alluded me thus far. What was the breakthrough for you? I always end up with uneven thickness or white specks/blotches. Any secrets or pointers would be much appreciated.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom