1st stamp pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rich gubbin

rich gubbin

Hi there,
Following on from my thread about making these stamp blanks, I finally turned it today. This one is the second attempt as the first one (test piece) chipped out to bad on the ends. I went a little easier on the next one and here,s the result. I have just poured 2 more with more interesting and colorful stamps on. C&C welcome please.
Rich

Attachments

• stamp1.jpg
    stamp1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 187
  • stamp2.jpg
    stamp2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 138
  • stamp3.jpg
    stamp3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 160
  • stamp4.jpg
    stamp4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Stamps are fun, been doing them for some time now. Still learn something new with every stamp tried(mostly which will shrink and which won't)....

Here's a tip....after you square the ends, apply some thin CA to keep water from getting between the stamp and the PR(for everyone else looking, I think you must know already-cause I don't see any 'clouding' on yours).

Colorful, fun, and interesting....all at the same time!!

Scott (could it be mailed now) B

rich gubbin

Hi All,
I poured my second lot of stamp blanks today, this time the tubes were painted black (acrylic) not good. The black seeped through and discolored the stamps. This seem odd as i had sealed the stamps like the first castings. Any thoughts or input greatly appreciated.

Janster

....:biggrin:.take this for what it's worth as I have ZERO experience doing what you did. I suspect one could CA over the paint BEFORE applying the stamps and then your clear casting. I believe that would stop any seepage, and don't foget the ends of the tube. Money will be refuned if this does not work!

RSidetrack

....:biggrin:.take this for what its worth as I have ZERO experience doing what you did. I suspect one could CA over the paint BEFORE applying the stamps and then your clear casting. I believe that would stop any seepage, and don't foget the ends of the tube. Money will be refuned if this does not work!
+1 - I ca over painted tubes for my label pens because of seepage. While you may coat in acrylic- something about the paint reacts. The CA works great and be sure to give it time to degas

Top Bottom