1st public appearance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eskimo

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskimo

I've only been at this for a short time, but these are a couple of my completed pens. Any feedback would be appreciated.

This is a cigar pen made from Black & White Ebony.

This is my first completed attempt at a Celtic Cross.

Americana Rollerball in Tulipwood

Cocobolo Cigar

Desert Ironwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bob,

The ebony is a red cross
The celtic cross looks dead on! Everything is very nice. My personal preference would have led to a different plating, just because I think the light wood is better with gold color or black. BUT, the pen is VERY well done, and my comments are opinions - not statements of objection.

I prefer your shape of the ironwood, although I personally do a lot of "fat" cigars, I think the cocobolo is too exaggerated.

All in all, they are GREAT pens. Thanks for showing them!![:)]

GaryMGg

Bob,
I wish you new guys would stop coming here and showing up us older new guys! [:p] [:eek:)]
Nice work -- the fit and finish of each pen looks just right.
Gary

eskimo

Ed,

Thanks for the input. I kind of agree on the shape of the cigar, but I've seen so many fat ones that I thought I'd try a couple.

I can't seem to get the B&W Ebony to display, however if you click on the Red X, the picture comes up.

cdcarter

Hi Eskimo --

I can't make a cigar fat enough to suit my son; I think yours might actually satisfy him. I wouldn't even try the Celtic Cross. The Americana is my personal favorite. I love Tulipwood and probably turn it more than anything else.

Does the Cocobolo make you break out? I'm really allergic and sensitive to poison ivy etc., and some people have problems with Cocobolo, so I've never bought any.

Beautiful stuff.

Carl

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Weird,

It does come up and so does the name. I suspect your ampersand (&) in the title is pissing off the forum software, try removing it.

The Pen looks great, tho!

rd_ab_penman

Eskimo. Very nice work! I like your Celtic Cross. Very nice photos show off you workmanship too!

Les in Alberta
200771323324_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom