1st Modified Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Banned
Well, starting to tinker around and here is my first modification of a slimline. Just made my own center band out of Yellow Heart and fatten up the barrels a bit. Chechen/Yellowheart

20071230212439_First%20Modified%20Slimline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Nice to see people trying new stuff! .... I try stuff all the time.. makes this hobby even more fun.

I would try and make the centerband flow a little more... it looks like the upper barrel ends, the centerband begins and ends, then the lower barrel just starts up... if you know what I mean. [:D]

What finish are you using?

20071230213119_First%20Modified%20Slimline.jpg

fernhills

Hi,I make very few slimlines according to design,i like the design,women like them more cause they are delicate,but they are the easiest of the pen kits to change into something totally differant..Your pen is real nice,the YH detail is a good color accent.. Carl

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by Marc Phillips

What finish are you using?...

Marc,

Yes, I know what you mean, I picked up on that and tried to fix it... just kept getting worse as I went. I did a two coat CA/BLO finish. Just something simple. I thought a warmer look would be better for this pen.

-Jon

Marc Phillips

I know what you mean, I picked up on that and tried to fix it... just kept getting worse as I went.

It looks nice... and when you play around with design the best thing that happens is a lot of learning takes place... and a lot of fun!

I go crazy making WhoooopDeeDoos all the time... once I start I can't stop! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom