1st Bottle Stopper...went a little crazy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I decided to try something a little different tonight. I had these bottle stopper sets lying around and a couple blocks of acrylic. Tapped it up and started turning. For some reason for my first one, I wanted it to be special (don't we all :eek:). Anyway, this just kind of came out of the turning. My wife couldn't quite tell what I was aiming for, and the jury is still out. Any thoughts on it being a keeper?

Attachments

• PB050440.jpg
    PB050440.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 298
  • PB050444.jpg
    PB050444.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 202
  • PB050449.jpg
    PB050449.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

I decided to try something a little different tonight. I had these bottle stopper sets lying around and a couple blocks of acrylic. Tapped it up and started turning. For some reason for my first one, I wanted it to be special (don't we all :eek:). Anyway, this just kind of came out of the turning. My wife couldn't quite tell what I was aiming for, and the jury is still out. Any thoughts on it being a keeper?

i love it. but, having sold quite a few stoppers and from the feedback and personal experience, i might soften the edges just a little. remember a stopper is something that people handle with open hand. it is easier to grip and less offensive to the touch if smoother. just a little radius on the transitions would make a world of difference in the feel and not effect the look at all. that is just my opinion. other than that i love it. i have not had the nerve to make one that tall yet. beautiful job.

Top Bottom