1929 Model T

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Managed to get some wooden spokes from a 1929 Model T. Stabilized the wood prior to turning.

Made on a Liberty pen kit.

C &C welcome.

Attachments

• 1929 Model T.jpg
    1929 Model T.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Very nice looking pen & a very unique wood blank. No telling how many miles that pen has traveled...

elkhorn

It would be great to know exactly where it's been, wouldn't it? And how many storms did it sit outside in?

Marko50

Man John, that is crazy awesome! I love things with a history to them. It would be amazing to be able to get the what, who, when and where behind this pen. Like you said, " how many storms…?". Great piece of work!:)

Kenny Durrant

So cool. You better watch it colsely. I've been told things grow legs and walk off so there's no telling where this one might end up comming from a wheel. Nice pen with a very nice background.

elkhorn

Thanks, all. When I was making more furniture years ago, I had a great collection of Colonial era wooden planes. Back then, people usually put their names or initials on them. Every time I used them, I would try to imagine the original owner. It gave an awesome feeling.

I guess the history of this wheel will remain a mystery!

Take care.

JohnGreco

Very cool! Nicely turned, too. For the picture itself, are you going beyond the physical zoom and into the digital zoom? Or low light? The picture looks very grainy and isn't doing your pen justice (imho).

elkhorn

John, I've been using my iPhone mounted on a tripod for all my pictures. The zoom is about 1/2 what the camera will do. Maybe trying a closer shot will help. It appeared grainy to me as well, but my eyes aren't the greatest. Thanks for the comment! I'll try to improve on my photography technique.

JohnGreco

Try getting more light. iPhones will raise the ISO in low light to make the picture look more well lit than it really is, but doing so increases noise. Also, if you are zooming it in try instead to place the camera closer since the iPhone zoom is all digital (unless you're using an iPhone photo lens?). Digital zoom also introduces noise. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom