14 of my latest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

Just a kinda lame group shot, but I wanted to prove I've been busy!:tongue:
As an excuse/side note, I've had 6th cerebral nerve palsy for the last month. I see double like crazy, so I did these all with one eye.:bulgy-eyes: I really do look just like this guy!
Black and white ebony, elmostro black and white stripes, elmostro purple/gold, elmostro amalgam mutts, redwood burl, black and white marble from CSUSA and buckeye,one spalted and one w turquoise powder.
That purple and gold stuff is absolutely incredible close up! Almost like opal and burl had a baby... (burpal? no, thats crazy)

Attachments

• pengroup12612.jpg
    pengroup12612.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 496
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Just a kinda lame group shot, but I wanted to prove I've been busy!:tongue:
As an excuse/side note, I've had 6th cerebral nerve palsy for the last month. I see double like crazy, so I did these all with one eye.:bulgy-eyes: I really do look just like this guy!
Black and white ebony, elmostro black and white stripes, elmostro purple/gold, elmostro amalgam mutts, redwood burl, black and white marble from CSUSA and buckeye,one spalted and one w turquoise powder.
That purple and gold stuff is absolutely incredible close up! Almost like opal and burl had a baby... (burpal? no, thats crazy)

Uhhh, there's only seven pens in the picture.:tongue:

moke

I noticed that you turned all of them down "flat" except the executive. Have you had problems because the is so thin at the ends...was that a fix for that issue? I have had a few issues with them myself. People really like that kit, but I hate to turn them!!

Nice looking bunch of pens!!! I especially like the pinstripe.

redwd707

I noticed that you turned all of them down "flat" except the executive. Have you had problems because the is so thin at the ends...was that a fix for that issue? quote]

Thats not specificly the reason, but it is a side benifit to that bowling pin kinda shape. I think the "beads" at the back of the nose allow for some leeway in barrel sizing. If you dont leave a corner, it tends to look "right". More importantly, this shape outsells the (almost) straight barreled ones that I try to make a few of for variety. By 3 to 1 or better, I've noticed.

And thanks everyone for the kind words. Very nice to hear, especislly coming from this group!

Top Bottom