10 pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wudnhed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wudnhed

I was a very busy girl today. Actually I had them all prepped a week ago but it's been too windy to turn until today. I also have 2 sets of bushings for the Sierra and Atlas so I can do 2 at a time if my woods are close in color. Thanks for looking.

200732295_tens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice Becca - think the middle 2 sierras are my favorites of the lot - the burl and a lacewood? Think my max in one day is 3, but I'm happy when I can make one. 10 is indeed supreme, but then again so are you [:)].

wudnhed

The two middle Sierras are Lacewood and Amboyna Burl from our Lord and Master, Jeff (Mug O Blanks)[:D]

Gee Bruce.........thanks for the compliment[:I]

Quite a collection of very sharp-looking pens! My lathe is under a patio roof, so the wind has been keeping me indoors a lot, too, so I know exactly what you're talking about, there. BTW, that's some really nice leopardwood you used, there!

wudnhed

Shannon, hasn't the wind been awful? Today was the first nice day this week!

I know that my pens are slightly proud, I'm working on that. Getting some calipers this weekend[:)] I also followed some other advice that all you guys give........DON'T OVER TIGHTEN YOUR BLANKS WHEN TURNING! No more vibrations or out of rounds, alot less sanding to get rid of that oval[V]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow Becca, 10 pens in one day is beyond me for sure!! They all look cool to me, but 2,3 and 7 are my favourites. I can't see any of them being proud, but even if they are, then as long as they are proud consistantly around the joint and don't have a sharp edge, then it shouldn't be seen as a fault.
Great work, it must have been a long day!![:D]

wudnhed

Thanks for the comps!

Alex, Shannon and I live in southern Ca.

Bruce, traded all my pines cones out. Haven't been to Big Bear for a while, been doing craft shows here while the weather is nice. I really can't wait to get up there and get some cones to try myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom