10 mm Circuit Board blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jennera

Are there any vendors that sell 10 mm Circuit Board blanks that are not PSI blanks?

We have had issues with the tube sizes in the PSI circuit board blanks. The blanks do not seem to be labeled correctly or something. We have 2 10 mm blanks that the bushings will not fit into when the same bushings worked just fine for the 10mm black circuit board blanks we had 2 weeks ago.

If the PSI blanks are the only option we have, then I'm going to check to see if someone can check the blanks before they ship them to me as we are getting tired of cutting blanks to size then the inside tube diameter is not correct for the bushings and the pen kit.

I think these will be the last circuit board fountain pens we do...if we are able to get them completed. :biggrin:

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Bear Tooth Woods is my go-to for what you need. I have never been disappointed. Ernie and Robin will see that you get the materials and advice that you need. I have been buying from them for 8+ years.

Your evident discouragement so far will evaporate and you will be happy making Circuit Board pens again.

I made about 20 Cigar pens with their tube-in Circuit Board blanks about 18 months ago. They turned out extremely well and my customers were very pleased indeed. I had none of the problems you have mentioned with making the pens.

I see that you are in touch with BTW and that they do not have the green CB blanks you want. Have a conversation with Ernie in person on the phone and try to find out when he will be getting more. He is a great guy and may be able to do a special order for you from his supplier.

I will have a look and see if I can locate some other sources too.

Last edited:

jennera

I heard back from Ernie at BTW and the 5 inch lengths he sells are from PSI.

I will contact PSI and talk to them before I order more. The cigar pen tubes are just a bit too short for the Classic Elite or I would order the cigar pen blanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

magpens

Oh, Jenn, I forgot you are making Classic Elites ... sorry about that.

5" PSI blanks from Ernie are certainly the same as 5" blanks from PSI ... I did not know he sold those ... he didn't a couple of years ago ... seems so many vendors are taking on the PSI lines ... :confused: :mad::mad-tongue:

jennera

So, I heard back from PSI today and they had problems with some circuit board blanks that were mislabled! Our 10mm blanks are really 3/8" blanks!

Nice to know we arent crazy and they are working to correct the problem!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom