1 Year Ago

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

I made my very first pen on November 7, 2010.....one year ago.

I thought it would be neat to make the same style pen to compare to the "original". This will be a keeper. Not because it is great...but because it is a milestone and marker in my progress. I thought about doing a custom finial and I may go back and do that, but I wanted it to be as close to "stock" as possible.

Attached below are a picture of my very first pen (#1) and the one I made last night (#152).

I think the fit and finish are vastly improved. The original was done with an unknown wood. The new one is done with a Redwood Burl. They both have CA finishes, but there is world of difference there.

Anyway....it was fun doing it....thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pens 1 & 2.jpg
    Pens 1 & 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_8426a-web.jpg
    IMG_8426a-web.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8427a-web.jpg
    IMG_8427a-web.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's great Gary...we must be twins!!! I started in September last year. Have not made quite as many as you (about 95 now) but loving every minute. Finished one yesterday also but no pic yet for it. Maybe this weekend.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :smile-big:

Last edited:

MarkD

Very nice Gary! You've come a long way from that first pen! Congrats on the one year ( and 152nd pen ) mark.
You inspired me to do the same as I'm approaching the one year mark from my first pen.

Bobalu

Gary, Happy "First Pen I Made" Anniversary. That's pretty cool. The latest pen looks great, but the first one isn't all that shabby. I was trying to ID the wood. Sort of has the grain pattern and color of BOW.

Top Bottom