1/2 dozen Dymonds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Finally made the time to get these turned---Gee-- I had forgot how much work it is dealing with Dymondwood. All six made it--one has a blow-out that got repaired. These are all made on your very basic slimline kits.
Finish starts with CA and ends with TSW

20051129234539_dymond.jpg

20051129234621_dymond2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Those look nice. I've never tried Dymondwood or any of the other products that look similar so I'm curious, what makes it so hard to work with?

Gary Max

Gerry the list of things that you have to deal with is long.
From being a real pain to drill to being on of the hardest material I have turned. You have to remember that you are dealing with layers of wood glued together and pressed at the same time. It wants to flake all the time. I sand it down the last couple 32nds. Plus it's not something I use very much or I would be better at it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Those are all beautiful, Gary (and you know how hard it is to get me to comment on dymonwood!). BTW, to those of you who haven't had the pleasure of knowing Gary, he makes absolutely gorgeous furniture when he really should be turning pens! [:p] Maybe if a few of you chime in, he will post some pics of his furniture in the Casual Conversation forum! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom