Mica favorites and info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I'm wondering what Mica Powders are favorites. I'm sure colors are bought and sit on the shelf and then others get used constantly. What are your favorites and what could you not live without.

Also - If you take a peak in "Trades & Giveaways," I am looking to do a trade to help me get started in casting. If interested, skip on over there and see my offer.

No discussions about trades here. They must be done in the other forum.

Thanks for all the help. Many of you have been very helpful!

Martin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Pearl white, Aztec Gold, Bright Copper, Duo Blue-Green and Silver get used more than the other colors, in my shop.

I would recommend ounce quantities of those, and perhaps the very small quantity "starter" pack that has all of the colors.

Brooks803

Here's a breakdown of my fav colors from coastalscents:
Antique Silver Black (plain blank no pearl...GREAT for mixing with other colors to make them pop!) Blackstar Blue Blue Silver Star Cellini Blue Cellini Yellow Cerulean Blue Chocolate Mousse Chrome Carmine Colorona Blue Crystal Ice (same thing as PearlX micropearl) Deep Russet All the Duochromes Except Red/Orange (its pink, trust me) Emrald Isle (nice deep green) Gold Rush Hot side Pink Majestic Green Metallic-Olivia, Red Raisin (best red!), Purple, rustic gold, Sapphire Orchid Shimmer (royal purple) Paradise Majestic Red Pearl White Pearl Fire Radiant Gold (stay away from the turqoise glitter, it's actual glitter and won't mix well and sinks to the bottom no matter what you do) Sparkle Blue Sparkle Gold Summit Turqoise

thewishman

Here's a breakdown of my fav colors from coastalscents:
Antique Silver Black (plain blank no pearl...GREAT for mixing with other colors to make them pop!) Blackstar Blue Blue Silver Star Cellini Blue Cellini Yellow Cerulean Blue Chocolate Mousse Chrome Carmine Colorona Blue Crystal Ice (same thing as PearlX micropearl) Deep Russet All the Duochromes Except Red/Orange (its pink, trust me) Emrald Isle (nice deep green) Gold Rush Hot side Pink Majestic Green Metallic-Olivia, Red Raisin (best red!), Purple, rustic gold, Sapphire Orchid Shimmer (royal purple) Paradise Majestic Red Pearl White Pearl Fire Radiant Gold (stay away from the turqoise glitter, it's actual glitter and won't mix well and sinks to the bottom no matter what you do) Sparkle Blue Sparkle Gold Summit Turqoise

:eek:Whew! Glad you narrowed THAT list down, Jonathan!:eek:

Then again, you did post pictures of a bunch of stuff in your shop the other day:wink:

workinforwood

Coastal: sea green, majestic green, white, pearl black, blue, copper, fire red, lavender, gold, yellows, they have lots of cool colors I use I can't even remember them all..but what I don't like is that their pricing is inconsistant as in one jar might be $4 and another color might be 6-7.

Pearlex from Dharma trading, true blue, silver...better than the coastal silver in my opinion, green, sky blue, orange, red, copper..I like their copper the best, bronze, gold, antique gold, fastest shipping and if you do the math on price and quantity..well all pealex is the same price and the break down equals the same as the average coastal price.

Alumilite powder gold, silver, copper, bronze..they are very nice, more concentrated than any powders I've ever seen, but the colors are also darker than usual, but that can be good or bad depending on the effects you want. yes, the alumilite powder will work in PR too...but I wouldn't think their liquid colors will...but who knows, I never tried.

MartinPens

A great start

Thanks for the ideas. So many to choose from and great timing with the 20% off!! Was able to get most 1 oz portions for under $4

Many thanks

Martin

ZanderPommo

mauve quartze
copper
winterveld--(amazing effect)
cerulean
chrome carmine
blue silver star

winterveld is a sort of orange/light brown, but reflects alot of like a misty blue (really cool!)

mauve quartze is probable my favorite one color mica because it is purple but reflects a deep blue, and not only does a single color cast look like a two color, its also gorgeous

ZanderPommo

this is winterveld and white, doesnt do justice to the reflecting blue properties

SDC11777.jpg

this is JUST mauve quartze
SDC11173.jpg

Top Bottom