Bowling Ball Material Differences

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

I know some have asked if anyone here makes pens from bowling balls and I do but for the life of me could not figure out why 1 ball truns better than another or dulls tools quickly or even acts like a grinder. Well this is what I found and now I know why my skew was almost ruined. See the last type of ball and it's ingredients before cutting it.

There are four basic makes of bowling balls: urethane, reactive resin, particle, and plastic. Although all bowling balls are round, each make has unique traits and a distinct feel.

1. Urethane bowling balls are softer than other makes. These bowling balls also drag on the wooden bowling lane, which increases their hook potential. For those who tend to bowl toward the gutter, this hook can help drag the ball back to the strike zone in the center of the lane. These bowling balls can be sanded or buffed to help limit the amount of hook if desired.
2 Reactive resin bowling balls are similar to urethane bowling balls in many ways. To create reactive resin bowling balls, small particles of resin are added to the same mixture used to make urethane bowling balls. Resin tends to be sticky, so it further increases the bowling ball's grip on the lane and creates more hook potential. At the same time, resin bowling balls tend to skid across the oiled bowling lane and, therefore, reach faster speeds.
3. Particle bowling balls are reactive resin balls with small ground pieces of glass added to the mix. This glass increases the bowling ball's grit, which helps it grip the lane. Professional bowlers generally prefer particle bowling balls because they help make spin and hook easier to control.
This ball will dull and damage any tool or blade I have not used any carbide tools yet but soon.

Top Bottom