Another white cedar burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from David Keller

David Keller

I was lucky enough to get several pieces of this stuff from TurnerJohn74, and I must admit that I've really enjoyed turning it. It's very light weight and somewhat prone to tear out, but the figure is worth the effort. This piece actually took flight during the rough out, but fortunately, I was able to stop it with my forehead. Thank goodness the wood is light, and my head is fairly heavy.

It finished out to 6 inches by 4 inches. Fairly thin and even on the walls... Gotta love that monster system! Several coats of BLO, then dewaxed shellac followed by a couple of coats of wipe on poly. I'll probably buff it at some point.

Comments and criticism appreciated!
white-cedar-burl-1.jpg

white-cedar-burl-3.jpg

white-cedar-burl-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

David, That is absolutely beautiful ! I don't know how you make that but it is gorgeous..

Last edited:

robutacion

Wow David...!:eek::eek::eek: that's a well turned and finished piece you've got there, mate.

High degree difficulty on that hollow form and certainly having the job made easy with the proper tools, still has its panic "moments"...!:biggrin:

OK so, you've got the tools, and you can turn so..., I can't wait so see what you come up with, on the blanks that were posted today to you...!!!:cool::rolleyes::)

Hopefully, you will get them in time for some last minute Christmas presents...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom