Staying logged in.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Is anyone having problems staying logged into the IAP? Here lately after a while I get logged out. I am not having that problem with any other sites, only this one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The "staying logged on" function happens on your computer not the servers, so it could be several things on your end. Cookies do expire, and that can happen from time to time, and your cache can need a flush occasionally too.

My standard suggestion is to log off, then log back on making sure to check the "remember me" box. If that doesn't help, then clear your cache and try it again.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Its weird that this happened to so many people at the same time. I just cleared my cookies and now it works fine.

I haven't had it happen for a while... I was having a problem, contacted Jeff and followed his suggestions, but I have Firefox set to delete cookies every time I exit so should never have been a problem... most often happens with me when I do a long post and it takes a while to set it up... sometimes will have to log in to post ... sometimes will lose the post when I log in again... it spares you guys a lot of my long winded posts I guess 'cause I rarely go back and retype a lost post. :biggrin::biggrin:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Yah, that is a feature of the forum. I'm on two sites that use the same forum software and they both have the same problem. It says to do a "refresh" but that doesn't work. Just click on a different forum link then click onto the forum you want (don't use the "back button") and then everything works.

I've been having the same "can't login" issue for the past two days too. I wonder what changed? Oh well, I'll try clearing my cache and see if the problem goes away.

GK

I get a message when I try to post that says the token has expired. It does it anytime I do anything other than quick reply.

GaryMadore

I am using Vista64 and Norton Internet Security 2009. Since I got this new machine I don't stay logged in for long on any forums.

I dunno if it's Vista64 or the new Norton, but I didn't have this problem with Vista32/Norton2007.

Argh!

Gary

toolcrazy

I am using Vista64 and Norton Internet Security 2009. Since I got this new machine I don't stay logged in for long on any forums.

I dunno if it's Vista64 or the new Norton, but I didn't have this problem with Vista32/Norton2007.

Argh!

Gary

I don't think it is Vista 64, because that is what I have.

I did flush my cookies and logged back in, and it has been fine ever since.

PTownSubbie

I thought it was something to do with my computer but I see that I am not the only one that has the staying logged in problem. Weird that we all experienced this at the same time..... Other forums keep me logged in just fine.

It started Tuesday. At least that was the first day I noticed it. I also click the "stay logged in" button and I don't......

Anyone figure out how to fix it?

JimMc7

I had to login in earlier this week for only the 2nd time that I recall since I joined in May. No recurrence since but did happen this once when I didn't explicitly logout. No big deal -- just adding more data.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Intentionally logging off the forum _should_ delete all site cookies. If it did not, then manually doing so should fix the problem.

Sorry many of you are having problems. I wonder if Norton pushed out a patch or something that affected large numbers of you. I don't use Norton so I can't test it.

DurocShark

I don't use Norton either. I'm a Sophos fan both on my macs and my PCs.

I visit a few other vB forums (Anandtech most famously) and they didn't do this.

It's all good now, so ... :shrug:

PTownSubbie

Deleted all my cookies, waited a few days and still I can't stay logged in.....

Just a PITA to have to login every time.

Any other suggestions?

Windows Vista, Symantec Endpoint Edition, IE 8

There has to be a common thread somewhere......:confused:

Top Bottom