Drawing for the Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The winners are posted.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48033

Donate a pen to the troops and get in on this drawing!!!!
Check this one out, it goes to a pretty good cause.
www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46064
This drawing couldn't be easier, all you have to do is make a pen. Then send it to either Bob (Purplehaze) or to myself and you are entered in the drawing. One entry per pen donated. Please remember to include your screen name with the pens so I can enter your name into the drawing.

Pens collected so far.....166
The prizes are:
1) An Aussie burl cap
2) A package of blanks from Charlie (NewLondon88)
3) A Sierra sized Herringbone 360 blank
4) Three once fired 308 casings tubed and ready for adding a nib/tranny and One once fired 50 Caliber casing From Jason (MyWoodshopca)
5) A Majestic Squire pen kit from Charlie (NewLondon88)
6) A Hummingbird from Artistwood (very cool looking, see photo below)
7) 5 fiddleback curly maple blanks from Don (Durocshark)(see photo below)
8) 1 Jr. Gent rollerball postable kit with a Philipine Persimmon blank and another misc. blank from Chuck (Dalecamino)
9) 1 Jr. Gent rollerball postable kit with a Philipine Persimmon blank and another misc. blank from Chuck (Dalecamino)
10) $25 gift certificate to TurnTex Woodworks from Curtis (Mesquiteman)
11) $25 gift certificate to TurnTex Woodworks from Curtis (Mesquiteman)
12) A quart of Ultraseal from Bob (RBouton)
13) Box of wood blanks from Bob (Purplehaze)
14) Another box of wood blanks from Mike (Woodlvr)
15) A package of antler from Cris (cnirenberg)

Attachments

• DSCF2206_640x480[1].JPG
    DSCF2206_640x480[1].JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 207
  • CurlyMapleDrawing1.jpg
    CurlyMapleDrawing1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
To enter, all you have to do is make a pen and send it in to either Purplehaze (Bob) or myself. The pens are going to be sent over to the troops. I am shipping out a package about every 6 weeks.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
While the blanks that Bob was offering are already claimed, this drawing is still open to anyone that would like to send in a pen. It doesn't have to be a limited edition special pen, it can be anything that you would like to donate to the troops. I will be sending a package about every 6 to 8 weeks and I can't fill them up by myself. So far, we have collected over 150 pens that I sent to Iraq and I think we can send more. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This drawing is open to anyone in any country. The pens are sent to a couple of marines (my son and my nephew) that in turn hand the pens out to any troop they meet, including any allied troops.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Neil,

I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea! This is a contest where everyone wins. You might miss out on a prize, but you win the warm feeling that comes from helping brighten the day of someone fighting in a foreign land far from home and loved ones.

Neil and Bob, would you mind keeping a running total of the pens donated? I don't think it matters who donates, just a total so we can all see how this forum rallies to support our troops. This is not political in any way. We will be supporting brave men and women.

Thanks guys for doing this. BTW, I hope your son and nephew don't ignore any sailors they may meet. :wink:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
******* I would like to extend a warm welcome and a big thank you to a new member of the group, Rollerbob. He has taken it upon himself to purchase 50 Sierra kits for the cause. I am going to donate 50 blanks for this and I have the kids in the woodshop class that I work with turning the pens. Thank you Bob, and thank you to everyone that has taken the time and effort to get involved in this project, or any other project that helps to keep the spirits up of those that are serving their countries at great risk to themselves.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
******* I would like to extend a warm welcome and a big thank you to a new member of the group, Rollerbob. He has taken it upon himself to purchase 50 Sierra kits for the cause. I am going to donate 50 blanks for this and I have the kids in the woodshop class that I work with turning the pens. Thank you Bob, and thank you to everyone that has taken the time and effort to get involved in this project, or any other project that helps to keep the spirits up of those that are serving their countries at great risk to themselves.

Great ! That's very generous of Bob and WELCOME to the group Bob . Neil , I sent a PM to you . I want to donate a few items that some members may be interested in , if they want to send in a pen for the troops . I will be turning some myself . Thanks for doing this !

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
******* I would like to extend a warm welcome and a big thank you to a new member of the group, Rollerbob. He has taken it upon himself to purchase 50 Sierra kits for the cause.

Holy excrement!
I'll raid my blank stash too. I've got some resin cooking as we speak..

Rollerbob

Hey duds and dudettes, I know you have wondered who this fool is from Texas that just invaded your pen turning world? Well, as serious as I know how to be, I have been watching you from the sideline for sometime and I realized that after watching all the giving hearts that are on this forum, I wanted to invade your space and come along side to reach out to each other and spin pens and raise money and raise cain and raise awareness that there are truly caring people in this world and they are the IAP members. As I told Neil, hopefully others will follow my lead in his cause and obviously it worked. Thanks for the warm welcome!...................Now I'm dun being serious, on with the pen making party!!!!:RockOn:

Last edited by a moderator:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hey Bob, they are in my possesion at this point. Thank you, Bill does have the quickest shipping around it seems.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
And this is what happens when I have to leave the room and I leave my 2 favorite students in the shop unsupervised. Pen kits donated by Rollerbob and the DIW donated by Bill at Arizona Silhouette. Thank you both.

Here are a couple more that were added to the total of 6 made by the kids. I better watch out or they are going to put me out of business someday.

Attachments

• IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Rollerbob

And this is what happens when I have to leave the room and I leave my 2 favorite students in the shop unsupervised. Pen kits donated by Rollerbob and the DIW donated by Bill at Arizona Silhouette. Thank you both.
Now that's what I'm talkin about. Super work KIDS!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Did you say your students? Or you are the student?

Very nice..

The students are the kids at the local inner city high school where I work with the woodshop teacher to keep these somewhat rougher kids out of the streets and in the school. So far they have always done well. Two other kids are in my shop right now working on a couple of projects that they have started. Better here than out roaming the streets looking for trouble. They're good kids, just had a rough start.

Last edited:

Rollerbob

The students are the kids at the local inner city high school where I work with the woodshop teacher to keep these somewhat rougher kids out of the streets and in the school. So far they have always done well. Two other kids are in my shop right now working on a couple of projects that they have started. Better here than out roaming the streets looking for trouble. They're good kids, just had a rough start.
Dude...............your my hero!

purplehaze

Donated sierra kits

Rollerbob, that is very generous of you to donate the 50 kits to the Troops. You are not only giving our Troops a needed moral boost but helping young Americans help themselves.

And thank you Wolftat for providing the blanks for the 50 kits.

It's great to see all the IAP members rallying to the cause and doing what they can in these tough economic times.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
A couple more were added in to the batch today. They also made several segmented blanks that will be turned next week. I think the kids raided my spare parts section of my shop. These are block, Mesquite burl, Zircote, and Buckeye burl.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 118

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
We received a couple more today. Thank you Stan, they look great. I will include them in the pictures I post on Monday.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I was like a kid on X-Mas morning today. I was openning packages and was thrilled to see the generous donations made to the troops. Thank you all for getting involved in this. We can now add another 10 to the total.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 128

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
3 more done by the kids. We have segmented DIW, Mesquite, Brown Mallee burl, and Buckeye Burl. Tomorrow we start working with metal inlays and segmenting.

Attachments

• IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 119

purplehaze

Blanks

Neil,

Woodlvr donated twelve blanks along with the pens he sent me. I will also donate the blanks I would have sent him had he wanted them. See you at the meeting on the 17th.

Bob

Top Bottom