Casting other fibers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

justdawn

Has anyone tried casting other fibers such as yarn and ribbon?
I was considering trying some of the fuzzy eyelash yarns they have out. I know it'll conpress quite a bit but its more the colors I'm going for than the texture.

Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

smoky10

I did a couple out of knitting yarn about a year ago and some out of denim. Below is one of the yarn.

200713023917_Yarn.jpg

justdawn

very neat.
Did you wrap the yarn then seal it with CA or PR?
That's more or less the look I'm going for with the yarn I bought.
I'm headed out to do some castings in a few.. going to try doing the ribbons then cast them in larger blocks of color, the yarn one and one with a scent to it.

Thanks for sharing your picture Tom. :)

Dawn

hilltopper46

I made two now with embroidry thread wrapped around the tube and then cast in clear PR. The first one had problems because there was still wet resin inside the tube when I assembled the pen, and the transmission came apart when I tried to take the pen apart and I ruined the pen when I tried to disassemble it. Here is a link to a picture of it.
http://omanopa.com/Pen39.jpg

The second one came out quite nicely and I gave it to my Mom for Christmas - she's big into quilting. I hope(d) to do a whole series for my sisters as well as each of them loves to quilt, but I haven't cast now since September or early October. Unfortuneately, I didn't get a picture of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom