Next get together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JAB1

Final Call

Ok guys....this is final call.....

It appears that we have everything covered......looks like a good group. I think we should have plenty of food and maybe more than we want. Curtis may have lots of leftovers.

Should be a great day. Hopefully, we will learn a few things and share ideas.

Again, don't forget your lawnchairs and your beer. See all of you tomorrow....Allan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Attn. All 11:42 PM
I talked to Curtis this afternoon and it appears that we forgot about the Ice. So, he suggested that we each pick up bag of ice when in town.
I guess he forgot to post it.
:glasses-cool:

Plumber Man

Had a great time meeting all of you today. It is amazing to see what everyone is doing within there craft. I had to split around one to go to work but I look forward to hanging out again. Thanks to Mesquite Man for opening up his awesome shop to put this on. Also thanks to Allan for coordinating this. Great job to all!

Tim Hughes37

I must echo you Plumber Man. I had an excellent time and learned quite a bit of new things to put into practice. I also enjoyed the time spent with fellow turners. Curtis, what a terrific host you are. Allen, thanks for coordinating this event. I'll be looking forward to the next get together in the Fall and hopefully we'll all see each other at the SWAT get together in Waco this August.

el_d

Thanks to Curtis and Allen. Had a great time guys. Great demos guys, loved the "Saw on steroids" demo Curtis gave. Made easy work of that log.....

Sorry I had to leave a little early.

JAB1

Many thanks

Many thanks to all of you that contributed food and drink items today. We had a good feast complete with dessert.......this is a good way to go....pot luck !

My thanks to Curtis for extending his hospitality, shop and expertise today. It took alot of work to get the shop ready and prepare for all of us.

Fortunately, the weather held. A little on the steamy side, but thanks to demos in the a/c area of the shop, we could cool off.

I don't know about ya'll, but I picked up some great pointers from Monty and Curtis with their demos.

Thanks to Curtis for the free wood, earplugs, and all the free advice.

One thing we forgot to do was our blank swap. Oh well, just hold onto them for the Fall get together.

The Fall get together will be in October or November. Not sure where yet.....we probably should not expect Curtis to host every time.

If anyone has ideas for future get togethers, please let us know. It is always good to change things around abit. Be thinking about a demo that you may want to do!

Remember, SAFETY in the shop!

Take care all and keep the sawdust flying!

Allan

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Had a great time yesterday. I'll get some picts posted first part of the week when I get home.
And like I told everyone, my shop is always open anytime anyone is in the Houston area.

chuybregts

Thanks everyone for their time and sharing their experiences! It is definitely a nice way to recharge on the hobby seeing everything everyone has done!

phillywood

Great Thanks

Hello, and Thanks from The Newbie.
I wanted personally thank Curtis for his love of woodturning and pen turning, Also, on his superb hospitality. It was beautiful place, huge shop, and a great Air conditioned one. You were a great host and patient at that. Thank you Curtis for offering your shop to us for this event, and for all the demos and tips you shared yesterday. Also, thanks to Allan for coordinating this event and for all the patience you had to get us to bring what was needed. Great food and drinks.
I was really blown away by the warmth and comradery that all the Texan pen turners show in their get togethers. I came away with lots of good learning and techniques that I can incorporate in my hobby and hopefully by the next meeting I have widdled some pens that I can brag about.
I know Curtis won't be up to cleaning up the shop after we leave next time, but hopefully we can find a different place to have our next meeting. I look forward to the next meeting.
keep turning those beautiful pens and pencils, maybe we can all inspire more literacy around by those beautiful arts we create. Just not get the CA near your kissers so you can tell us about your creations. The darn thing is some serious STUFF.
Sorry Monty didn't mean to forget you, thank you too your demos wer very helpfull, and i am going to try to make your 4-in-1 Screw driver. thanks for sharinng your knowledge.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Just for the record...I THOROUGHLY enjoyed being the host for this event and would welcome having it at my shop anytime! I don't want to be a venue hog but I still say my location is the most central to get the best attendance. For this event, I counted a total of 36 people throughout the day. Pretty darn good attendance if you ask me!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Oh, and there was nothing to clean up! Everyone picked up VERY well after themselves and there was nothing for me to do today except take all the left over food into the house! We won't have to buy groceries this week!

burgerman

Had a great time yesterday! Just wanted to say thanks to Curtis for hosting yet another outstanding IAP get together. Also many thanks to Allan for coordinating the whole event, and for reminding us to keep safety first. There was plenty of good food, including homemade gourmet cookies and pies, and demos going on all day, and lots of beautifully crafted pens to admire. Thanks to Eugene, Mannie and Keith for bringing blanks, CA, boxes and other necessary items. Looking forward to the fall get together!

phillywood

You deserve it buddy

Hey Curtis,
you deserve enjoying all the left overs. BTW don't forget our hairy buddy Rosco share some food with him too. At least he didn't bite the guy that bad. He behaved very well even though that we were in his teritory.
I seem to agree with you about the big turn out. it amy be that you are very much centrally located, but I am the newbie and I leave that decision to the veterans of this affair. :highfive:

phillywood

names with pictures.

Hey Eugene, is that all the pic.s that you had? Does anyone else have any more pic.s? Can we get you guys put your handle and your names under the pic.s, so we can recognize you. After we have everyone in all the pics, of course! I don't want to look strange next time I attend another one of our get together. I didn't catch evreyones Handle for IAP. Thanks:)

mrburls

Thanks Curtis and Allan for all your time and work getting this together. Seemed to be a big hit again and growing. Maybe next meeting we can get an even larger crowd once everyone hears what a great time was to be had by all. Good demos, food (a plenty of it) and friends.

Keith "mrburls"

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Hey Eugene, is that all the pic.s that you had? Does anyone else have any more pic.s? Can we get you guys put your handle and your names under the pic.s, so we can recognize you. After we have everyone in all the pics, of course! I don't want to look strange next time I attend another one of our get together. I didn't catch evreyones Handle for IAP. Thanks:)
Hopefully my wife will get her picts downloaded today and I can get them posted tonight (spent yesterday in Gruene and didn't gut home till late).

The Penguin

Hey Curtis,
you deserve enjoying all the left overs. BTW don't forget our hairy buddy Rosco share some food with him too. At least he didn't bite the guy that bad. He behaved very well even though that we were in his teritory.
I seem to agree with you about the big turn out. it amy be that you are very much centrally located, but I am the newbie and I leave that decision to the veterans of this affair. :highfive:
Roscoe helped himself to the trash cans all afternoon. :tongue:

pleasure meeting everyone - and thanks again to Curtis for hosting!

Top Bottom