New from central Iowa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cyfan964

New guy here from central Iowa. I'm a landscape designer by day and a sports nut. I'm 32 years old and graduated from Iowa State University and graduated with a degree in Horticulture and Landscape Architecture. I've always had a deep appreciation for trees and wood and have just now gotten into the hobby of pen turning.

Attached is one of my first pens, a simple slimline. I made this pen out of some left over scrap wood that we had laying around the office from an ipe deck we had just installed. I love ipe wood and this particular piece had a nice knot that I dealt with by continually adding CA glue as I turned it down.

Looking forward to gaining a wealth of information from all of you!

5ZB2n9i.png

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cyfan964

Welcome to the site. I'm originally from Jasper county and my mom still lives in Pella.

Those sure look better than my first few pens!!

Small world. My company does a lot of landscaping in Pella and for the college, beautiful city. Central College is a beautiful campus as well.

OZturner

Welcome Ward, from Sydney Australia,
The Slimline you have turned are perhaps one of the most difficult pens you will encounter, in particular when you choose to turn closer to the Bushes and Tube, as there is not much room for any error.
Congratulations, well done.
Brian.

Top Bottom