Hello from Blue Springs, Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whiskerbob

My name is Bob Kurth and I've only been turning pens for about a year. I find it to be very relaxing. It takes my mind away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life. Acrylics are fun, but I find the real challenge in turning exotic woods. My new kick is box elders, with mixed results. Thanks for allowing me onboard. Bob:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Bob. Count this as an ivitation to join our local Southwest Missouri IAP chapter. Our next meeting is September 19 for a picnic out at Lake Springfield. I'll send you a pm.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Bob. Show us some of your work and join in the fun here.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish to pens to tools to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview of pen turning. You already know much of this but I do want to include this just in case something might be new to you.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Tn-Steve

Hi Bob, good group here. In just a few months they've helped me build my skills to where I had gone from never turning anything to the point where I'm actually selling them and will have a web-shop up and running by the end of the weekend.

Welcome to the insanity,

Steve

Top Bottom