Pen Kit Makers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lpierce65

I've noticed some pen turners can tell what factory made a certain type of pen Kit. Is it possible there are several pen kit makers that make the same kit and call it something different than the other manufacturers. If so, is there such a thing as a cross reference ? I've been looking for a "Sierra" have seen it mentioned on several times. Yet I am unable to locate a kit for it I've been to several sites and when I do a search for "Sierra" I get other pen kits as result of the search. I'm either getting confused or doing a poor search or both..

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
As Kenny said, Beartooth Woods has the Sierra, as does Arizona Silhouette. Rockler also has limited offerings, and WoodCraft has their Wall Street II, which is simply the Sierra by another name. BTW, they also have a "Wall Street III", which is just a bit larger, and is the equivalent of the "Sierra Vista", which is available from Beartooth Woods and Arizona Silhouette. These larger versions require a different bushing set than the basic Sierra, however.

lpierce65

As Kenny said, Beartooth Woods has the Sierra, as does Arizona Silhouette. Rockler also has limited offerings, and WoodCraft has their Wall Street II, which is simply the Sierra by another name. BTW, they also have a "Wall Street III", which is just a bit larger, and is the equivalent of the "Sierra Vista", which is available from Beartooth Woods and Arizona Silhouette. These larger versions require a different bushing set than the basic Sierra, however.

Must have been my bad search technique, I searched Arizona Silhouette, and woodcraft no results. However you answer my question, about kits have different names like the Sierra and the Wall Street III, and Sierra vista

Thanks

Larry

lpierce65

Add Pacifica to your search list too. Sold by www.woodpenpro.com

What are you looking for exactly and we can point you in the right direction.

So what you are saying is that on this site given the Pacifica is another name for Sirerra ? I was just on this site and ordered some Pen Boxes and there is not kit called a Sierra ? Several named Pacifica. I guess I'm getting lost again, basically there is a lot of different names for the same style kits.
I think ? as long as it is known what names they go by then you can get on different sites and order the same thing under a different name ?

nava1uni

I am surprised that you could not find the Sierra on Berea, Bear Tooth Woods and Arizona Silhouette under that name. The differences in the pens on the other sites are often the design on the bands. On Wooden Pen Pro the Pacifica comes with many different band designs, Woodcraft's Wall Street has plain bands.
How are you looking for the pen kit? There must be something wrong with how you are searching.

Last edited:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Hey guys,
I just ordered some kits from Ernie at Bear Tooth and he has told me in the past that there are actually 3 different styles of the Sierra kit. One is the Sierra as supplied by Berea. It comes in different finishes such as copper, satin silver, twotone chrome etc, Then there is the Sierra Vista. Basically the sam as the Sierra except uses different bushings and makes a pen that is a little thicker and heavier. The the new Elegant Sierra. It has a more streamlined clip and a cool decorative band. The prices are all a little different with the Elegant being the most expensive but worth the extra for the finished look.
Wood Butcher

lpierce65

This was the point I was trying to make earlier different syles and makes of the same pen by maybe different companies..

Onward..

Larry

Hey guys,
I just ordered some kits from Ernie at Bear Tooth and he has told me in the past that there are actually 3 different styles of the Sierra kit. One is the Sierra as supplied by Berea. It comes in different finishes such as copper, satin silver, twotone chrome etc, Then there is the Sierra Vista. Basically the sam as the Sierra except uses different bushings and makes a pen that is a little thicker and heavier. The the new Elegant Sierra. It has a more streamlined clip and a cool decorative band. The prices are all a little different with the Elegant being the most expensive but worth the extra for the finished look.
Wood Butcher

Top Bottom