Had a great time today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

I had great time today. Got to meet several new turners and see some familiar faces. A more detailed report will come I'm sure along with some photos. We have a great group here even after loosing Chuck! Special thanks to our door prize contributors. Indy-Pen-Dance, Kallenshaan Woods, Woodturningz, Rockler. We even had a surprise visit from Johnnycnc. Already planning the next meeting which will bigger and better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

It was a great time Ron. You did a fantastic job in organizing this event. I know I'm already looking forward to the next meeting and I'm not usually one to say that since I go to a LOT of meetings in my job. :wink: Will you folks be posting the results of our vote here or will there be an emailing with that information?

Mrs

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OHHH SURE !!! You all had a great time after I'm gone :mad::biggrin: Sorry I've moved on but, I was wishing all day, that I could have been there. Glad you all got together and, had a good time. Try to think about me, "From time to time and, in between" (heard that in a song):biggrin:

rej19

Linda, we will post results here along with a more detailed report. Bill will be tallying the votes and comments etc for future meeting plans. We want the meetings to be worthwhile. We know everyones time is valuable and we don't want to waste it. Especially when we have some travelling well over a 100 miles. It was a pleasure meeting your family today.
Chuck we had a great time today and you were missed. But as they say "the show most go on"!

tbfoto

It was a good meeting indeed! I have not been able to get to one for nearly a year now. It was well organized and went smoothly. The door prizes were outstanding. Some lucky winners got some very cool stuff to take home. Indy-Pen-Dance had their products for sale as well as giving every person there samples of their Private Reserve ink refills. Mike and Linda are a class act and I hope everyone keeps them in mind when you need supplies.
I got to meet JohnnyCNC as well. John, I hope you continue to feel better each day as you recover. In fact I got to talk to several of you that I only read about here on IAP so all in all it was a good day. I learned some things today and saw some amazing looking pens.

Chuck....I'm not feeling too sorry for you for missing the meeting because I just checked and your weather is 75 and sunny today....if it was 75 and sunny here I might have missed it too. LOL Ok..you were missed.

So ...great meeting.....lets move on to the next one. See you all then!

Tom

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I just got home. 280 miles roundtrip!! That being said, i had a great time. I picked John up and we had some pretty interesting conversations in the car. Also Chuck we had a moment of silence for you before the meeting started:biggrin:. Got to finally meet Mike and Linda after talking to them via email for quite some time. The meeting went great, also some pretty good demo's for everyone. Then after the meeting Me, Johnny, Mike, Linda, and their son had a spectacular lunch at Red Lobster. Heard some really great stories and talked shop quite a bit. Definetely looking forward to getting together very soon. And Ron, I think you'll make a terrific president.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Sorry I only took a few pictures. But here they are.

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0001 (Small).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0002 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0002 (Small).JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0003 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0003 (Small).JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0004 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0004 (Small).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0005 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0005 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0006 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0006 (Small).JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0007 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0007 (Small).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 204

rej19

Thanks for posting pictures Ernie! I think Dan took several also and should post some. Man I wished I new you were going to Red Lobster. I am sure it was better than my White Castles I had while driving home. Maybe next time.
There were a few that wanted my notes on the decal demo. If any wants them send me a private message I will send them to you. Keep in mind they were my notes just to keep me on track (which I didn't do). So take them for what their worth!

76winger

After missing the last couple meetings, it was good to see everyone again. I'm quite impressed by all the really cool variations in materials and supplies that everyone keeps coming up with. Awesome!

IPD_Mrs

We want to thank Ernie for taking the long drive up and doing a great demo on casting. It is so much easier to follow after seeing something done. However he has done such a good job that now we will be spending some money to pursue this endeavour. I hope that others are getting and enjoying the vast amount of instruction and information that these chapter meetings provide. Ron, Dan and Bill thank you for keeping this going. The work you guys do to keep this moving forward is much appreciated.

For those on the fence about coming to the meetings:
It is great fellowship and well worth the couple of hours. One of the best parts is meeting local turners that are so willing to help improve our craft. Even old timers learn from new folks as they are looking at things through fresh eyes without predetermined thinking on how something has to be done. You also might get lucky and meet someone local to help you when you get stuck and need a little guidance. I know we have.

Last edited:

Vigil-Scouter

Wow!

In a word. Just Wow! Thanks to Ron, Bill & Dan for all the efforts it takes to put on a meeting like this one today. All aspects were exceptional. Great demos and a wealth of information shared. Coffee and snacks and awesome door prizes. Earnie, thanks for not only making the trip, but also for getting me intrigued enough that I want to go spend new money on this turning habit. I gotta try that molding stuff. Bill, I am looking forward to getting my tools back to the sharp they deserve. Decals?? Yeah Wow. How easy that looks. I can't wait to try it and find out it aint as easy as you made it look. All in all, there was not a better way to spend a late morning Saturday in January. Assuming the vote went for quarterly meetings, I will be eagerly waiting for April. See you all in April and chat til then.

Thanks again,
the Vigil-Scouter
Rusty Helms

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
It was agreat time for all whom attended. I just feel sorry for those how missed this great meeting! Cannot wait until the next one. Great presentations and a big thanks to MLKWoodWorking for being there! Thanks Bill!

MikeG

This was my 1st meeting and it was great! I learned about things I didn't even know existed. Thank you all for the planning, setup, snacks, demos, advice, prizes, gifts, ... etc. I will definitely make the over 300 mile round trip for another meeting. A special thanks to who ever had the job of making sure that the weather cooperated. :biggrin: It was good to put faces with the names of people from the site. I hope to see you all at the next meeting.
Thanks again to all

bbuis

It was my first meeting also. It was fun meeting people and seeing other artistic ideas with pens. I really Like what Bill has done with the football, baseball, golf ball designs. It's awesome. The casting demos were awesome and I'm definately going to try a couple of the Decal pens. If nothing else to make a pen with a picture of my son on it. I think that will make his day. Thanks everyone that came.

ken69912001

Glad everyone had a great time. I sure can tell i wasnt missed at all. Maybe thats the reason I no longer wished to continue with this club after Bill joined. After all I did start this club. Since then everyone would rather communicate without me. Good luck with everything.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Kenny,

I am not sure what this is all about but it is odd that you posted this on this thread. Remember, IAP local chapters belong to IAP, not whoever started it and as such, evolve over time.

To others possibly responding, please do not address Kenny's comments in this thread. This thread is about the local chapter meeting, not issues with the local chapter. If you would like to discuss issues with the local chapter, please start a new thread. I was going to delete Kenny's thread but decided to leave it up since folks get upset when we delete threads. Please adhere to this request and no deletions will be necessary. Thank you

Curtis O. Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

IPD_Mrs

Ron, Dan and Bill,
Would you please pass along to Parkside that we were very appreciative of the wonderful facilities that they allowed us to use. That was very generous on their part.

tbfoto

One of the new members there had made a pen from a tire pressure gauge. I think his name was Jeff???? I remember him saying he was a scout master. Does anyone remember his full name or if he is on IAP?
Jeff...if you see this...please contact me.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck we thought about having a moment of silence or calling you then we realized what the temp was down there <G>

Chuck we thought about having a moment of silence or calling you then we realized what the temp was down there <G>

Exactly - what Larry said!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
:glasses-cool::drink::RockOn::island: Don't waist your moments on ME kids! I'm alive and well. I had to come back inside to cool off. Man, is it hot out there?:rolleyes: Take care friends!

Top Bottom