Fifth Meeting Rundown and Pics....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Well Once again we had a bunch of folks come and celebrate the pen turning craziness we like to call a hobby, or as some are living the life PROFESSIONALS...LOL...., we had a great turnout even with the meeting being around the holidays.

Thanks go out to Steve and the great guys over at Woodcraft. We thank them for using the video setup, the lathes, and the meeting room!

Thanks again go out to SRB, and to PapaTurner for bringing the "blanks" and other stuff on the trade and give away table. Next meeting I think we will have a Pen Swap and a Blank Swap. Let me know what you think about that.

I appreciate Ben coming in and doing a great job in showing us how to replace some of the factory pieces on the kits with some very beautiful and creative replacements. We have the demo stored on digital tapes, and will be shipped to Hollywood, where we will have it produced and edited....LOL....We would like to see more of his stuff in a future demonstration.

I wanted to thank the folks who came and helped Mike turn some pens for his brother's unit over seas. I know that it is much appreciated, and he will be able to get those in their hands soon.

I have to apologize to several people, but during the meeting, I did not get around and meet everyone or see all the kits. I have also forgot a name or two in the process of posting the pics. If your name is not mentioned for a picture, please send me a post to get your name on credit for the picture! We would like to get everyone who was there in a picture and get a name to a face! Again, no excuses, I just plain didnt do a good job of remembering everything.

Who was there?

Perry Bridges (papaturner), Robert Johnson (Rojo22), Steve Busey (SRB), Howard Julian (Hjulian), Mike Goetz (Watchman7), Jerry Johnson, Robin Johnson (Mrs Rojo22), Jonathan Pendley, Jim Preston, Bill Krantz (BuffaloBill), Russell Eaton (Russell Eaton), Ben Brown (davinci27), Constant Laubscher (Constant Laubscher), Charles Jackson (CBJAX), Greg Deemer (Killer-Beez), David Cranford, Truitt Sosebee, Tom Stagle (tstagl), Greg McFarling (Inkspot), Juan Arrae (Bomba), David Henderson (The Deviathan), Mike Gibson (Mikegibs), Ron Hampton (RonHampton), Charlie Long, Gary Beasley (Gary Beasley), Ric Chopra (RCC), Carl Leach, Dennis Wolcott, Stacey Robinson and a few lurkers who didn't sign in, but will remain anonymous to help protect you from the HoneyDew police......

If you were supposed to be cleaning gutters, Christams shopping or something else other than being at Woodcraft, the names were not changed to protect the innocent! Sorry!

Thanks again to everyone who makes this a success! Our next meeting will be Saturday, March 6th, so clear your calendars!

I will post some pictures from the meeting in the next few posts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok here are the pictures:

Pic 1
Ron Hampton, Howard Julian, David Henderson, and seated is Bill Krantz.

Pic 2
Admiring Constant's laser kits and very nice BB blanks. Bill Krantz, Mike Gibson, Constant and a few others

Pic 3
Admiring Ron Hampton's kit.

Pic 4
Looking at a few VERY nice stingray leather pen pouches that Ric Chopra brought. BEAUTIFUL stuff....

Pic 5
Admiring more of Constant's kits

Attachments

• Crowd 2 Small.jpg
    Crowd 2 Small.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Crowd 3 Small.jpg
    Crowd 3 Small.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Crowd 4 Small.jpg
    Crowd 4 Small.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Crowd 5 Small.jpg
    Crowd 5 Small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Crowd Small.jpg
    Crowd Small.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

Pic 1
Admiring some leather pen cases

Pic 2
Ron Hampton showing his new stuff to Ric Chopra and Mike Gibson

Pic 3
Bill Krantz and a few others admiring Ric Chopra's Buffalo Horn blanks and Stingray pen Pouches

Pic 4
Getting started to turn pens for the troops!

Pic 5
Ric Chopra, David Henderson and Mike Gibson all admiring someone's very nice kit

Attachments

• Admiring Crowd Small.jpg
    Admiring Crowd Small.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Crowd 6 Small.jpg
    Crowd 6 Small.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Crowd 7 Small.jpg
    Crowd 7 Small.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Crowd 8 Small.jpg
    Crowd 8 Small.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Crowd 9 Small.jpg
    Crowd 9 Small.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

Pic 1
David Henderson's Kit, Very Nice!

Pic 2
Howard Julian's Kit, Man I would like to get about a dozen out of that kit to go please......The BB on the end is FABULOUS LOOKING STUFF!

Pic 3
Perry Bridge's Kit, A more diverse kit you could not find, and all of it top notch stuff!

Pic 4
Steve Busey's (The ARTIST formerly known as SRB) Kit, Almost as diverse as Perry's kit and all great stuff. Even was sporting some wine stoppers....He even turned the dimples in the gold ball.....

Pic 5
Mike Goetz's Kit, the segmenting in his kit is top notch, and the finishes are awesome!

Attachments

• Papa Turner Kit Small.jpg
    Papa Turner Kit Small.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 196
  • Mike Kits Small.jpg
    Mike Kits Small.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 197
  • SRB Kit Small.jpg
    SRB Kit Small.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Howard Kit Small.jpg
    Howard Kit Small.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 206
  • David Henderson Kit Small.jpg
    David Henderson Kit Small.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

Pic 1
The gang getting together before the demo starts

Pic 2
Ben looking for that "special" drill bit before the demo

Pic 3
Ben answering questions before the demo

Pic 4
The audience watching Ben turn end caps to replace the standard "Shiny Black Top Piece"

Pic 5
Close Up of Ben doing his thing!

Attachments

• Before the Meeting Small.jpg
    Before the Meeting Small.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Ben Answering Questions Small.jpg
    Ben Answering Questions Small.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Ben Answering Questions2 Small.jpg
    Ben Answering Questions2 Small.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Ben Demo 2 Small.jpg
    Ben Demo 2 Small.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Ben Demo CU Small.jpg
    Ben Demo CU Small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 192

Steve Busey

Pic 4
Steve Busey's Kit, Almost as diverse as Perry's kit and all great stuff. Even was sporting some wine stoppers....He even turned the dimples in the gold ball.....
attachment.jpg

Sold the "ocean" pen today at the bottom left of the pic. And nice of you to mention the golf ball stopper (which I sold Sunday), but why did you highlight the dent on the purpleheart stopper (which I totally screwed up while trying to fix the dent...)??

Great pics, great group - thanks again for spearheading the whole thing, Robert! And BTW, it's no longer "SRB" - I had Jeff change it for me. Too many capital letters to keep track of... :confused:

Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

Pic 1
Ben getting ready to turn the crowd on!

Pic 2
Audience watching Ben do his stuff!

Pic 3
Turning pens for the troops!

Pic 4
Getting some additional help to turn for the troops!

Attachments

• Ben Setting up Lathe Small.jpg
    Ben Setting up Lathe Small.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Ben Warming up the Crowd Small.jpg
    Ben Warming up the Crowd Small.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Turning For the Troops 2 Small.jpg
    Turning For the Troops 2 Small.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Turning for the Troops 3 Small.jpg
    Turning for the Troops 3 Small.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Well we all came straight from the parole officers office, so they figured we were good for another week or so....LOL....

As a matter of fact, we had plenty of donuts out in the lobby trying to attract them...LOL....

It's amazing how little law enforcement presence there is, with that motley crew! :eek::biggrin::rolleyes:

watchman7

Many thanks to Robert and Robin for the effort they put into making the meetings come together. Special thanks to Ben for the "Kit Light" Demo. Saw a lot of great pens and got some new ideas.

Merry Christmas

Top Bottom