SUPERBOWL POOL 2011 GRID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

2 down, 2 to go
Pack~ Attack!!!!!
All I can say is OuCh...
Seattle takes out the defending SB champs and Green Bay humiliates the #1 seed team in the NFL......what's next? More surprises on the horizon?

bobleibo

Thanks Bob, can't win them all............

Don

Don't I (and my wallet) know it! If we won "them all", I would be typing this from my satelite enabled laptop while relaxing aboard my Gulfstream jet on the way to my private island in the South Seas. I just looked out my window and nothing looks like the South Seas!

Okay, enough fantasizing.......on to todays beatings! Now where did I put my glass of "milk"?

Scollins

2 down, 2 to go
Pack~ Attack!!!!!
All I can say is OuCh...
Seattle takes out the defending SB champs and Green Bay humiliates the #1 seed team in the NFL......what's next? More surprises on the horizon?

I would say so. Who was the guy in the Patriots uniform posing as Tom Brady? Jets and Steelers, that should be a good game.

bobleibo

3 out of 4...oh well :confused: it was a nice upset!

Here we go for this weekend
Steelers over the Jets by 3
Packers over the Bears by 3

Still sticking with the original "guess".....
Steelers over the Packers in SB by 7 (although it would be a nice upset to go the other way!)

Good Luck everyone....the "Blank Bowl" is right around the corner

Cheers
Bob

bobleibo

1 DOWN, 1 TO GO!

The Pack has attacked! Sorry Ernie :frown:

On to the next game...Pittsburg !

bobleibo

FINAL GRID

Today was a VERY good day :biggrin:

Here is the final grid for the Superbowl Pool. I will now turn this over to our game day announcer, Ernie (EBorraga) who will keep everyone posted........take it away Ernie!

Still going with my original "guess"...Steelers over the Packers by 7 :rolleyes:

Good Luck to everyone in the pool.......:wink:

Attachments

• SB 2011 JPG.jpg
    SB 2011 JPG.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

ESwindell

ok let me see if I understand this whole grid thing. my numbers are Packers "2" Steelers "8" and I am in the 3rd quarter. so if in the third quarter the Packers score ends in 2 (ie 12) and the Steelers ends in 8 (ie 18) then I win correct? What if these scores happen in say 2nd quarter, is there no winner for that quarter?
God Bless,
Eric

bobleibo

ok let me see if I understand this whole grid thing. my numbers are Packers "2" Steelers "8" and I am in the 3rd quarter. so if in the third quarter the Packers score ends in 2 (ie 12) and the Steelers ends in 8 (ie 18) then I win correct? What if these scores happen in say 2nd quarter, is there no winner for that quarter?
God Bless,
Eric

Kinda' sorta', except you can win at the end of any quarter if you have the correct numbers.

The only thing the quadrant you are in indicates is who you send your blanks to. In your case, you will send blanks to whoever wins the 3rd quarter - unless it is you :)

Basically, anyone can win at any time during the game, however, you will only send blanks once based on the quadrant/quarter you are in UNLESS you have signed up for more than one square.

Clear as mud? If not, refer back to the original rules at the start of this thread. Let me know if I can help answer any ???'s.

Good luck everyone!
Bob

Last edited:

bobleibo

Well Bob, looks like part of your prediction was right anyway. But if the Steelers make it too, you have the score backwards.:cool:

It would be a nice surprise if the Packers won it all considering they were part of my start of season "guesses". It's just that my instinct tells me it will go Pittsburgs way, they've been doing everything just a little more right lately.
Either way, it's going to be a brawl! I might even take a few minutes from my day to watch some of the game :biggrin: ...now when is the game :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!
Bob

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
In case you guys feel like stopping by while I do my commentary during the Super Bowl. I'm having sweet tea and Hooter's wings.

bobleibo

In case you guys feel like stopping by while I do my commentary during the Super Bowl. I'm having sweet tea and Hooter's wings.

Hey, we're on the way. Loading up the Learjet as we speak, just need to make a few stops along the way to pick up a few members....you best have a lotta' wings!

Funny thing is going on though....Vegas is favoring the Packers by 2 1/2 pts the last few days.....my gut still says Steelers but it would sure be nice to go the other way.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!

Actually for alot of us on the GB side, a super bowl win is just icing... The real prize for us was last weekend!

Old Lar

I see a defensive battle. GB runs the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. Steelers answer with a fieldgoal and then the rest of the game the go back and forth with no score. I can post my address for the blanks. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Karin Voorhis

Here you go......... This is the completed and final grid for the Superbowl Pool.

Good Luck to everyone (even those of you with those great numbers! )

Go Steelers!

Bob

:biggrin:Well I Have the winners Blanks all packaged aup and ready to mail out. Just let me know who. :wink:

bobleibo

Here you go......... This is the completed and final grid for the Superbowl Pool.

Good Luck to everyone (even those of you with those great numbers! )

Go Steelers!

Bob

:biggrin:Well I Have the winners Blanks all packaged aup and ready to mail out. Just let me know who. :wink:

Slow down Karin! You have some fairly decent numbers. Don't go licking the stamp just yet. I can already hear Ernie announcing your name as one of the winners.

Good Luck!
Bob

ctubbs

Someone will have to let me know who to send the box to. I can't even read the spreadsheet and even if I could, it wouldn't help any. Just let me know who and how many to send.
Charles

renowb

What is the criteria for getting in on this? I know it's too late, but would be interested next year.

bobleibo

Someone will have to let me know who to send the box to. I can't even read the spreadsheet and even if I could, it wouldn't help any. Just let me know who and how many to send.
Charles

Charles
Your numbers are 9 for the Packers and 5 for the Steelers. Those are not bad.

All of you folks who think you have "not-so-great" numbers might be in for some surprises. Ya' never know how it will turn out.
Think positive!

Good Luck everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

What is the criteria for getting in on this? I know it's too late, but would be interested next year.

Criteria? Hmmmm, never thought of that. Maybe someone else can come up with a list...I can't think of any.

bobleibo

Bet they can't turn a pen!

It's gonna' be a battle!

AP NFL defensive players of the year...
#1 Troy Palamalu - Steelers
#2 Clay Mathews - Packers

Ernie,
Crank up your best announcers voice !

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I'm broadcasting live from the Frozen Tundra known as the Midwest. Good thing I'll have the Hooter's women over to keep all mt friends warm during this crazy ice/snow storm:biggrin:. There will be plenty of adult beverages and hot wings to go round. And as for a prediction it appears that all the turmoil with Rothlisberger is gonna cost them a super bowl. So it'll be the Packer's by 7

bobleibo

Well I'm broadcasting live from the Frozen Tundra known as the Midwest. Good thing I'll have the Hooter's women over to keep all mt friends warm during this crazy ice/snow storm:biggrin:. There will be plenty of adult beverages and hot wings to go round. And as for a prediction it appears that all the turmoil with Rothlisberger is gonna cost them a super bowl. So it'll be the Packer's by 7

Hooters women????? Save a spot for me and clear the runway, I've got the Gulfstream all warmed up. :island:

As for your prediction, I hate to admit it but I'm starting to lean your way, but I'm still goin' with Steelers by 7 just to save face. Right now, the Packers are favored by 3 and Rodgers is still on fire. Either way, it's gonna' be a battle!

I still want to see any one of those ball players turn a pen!

Chris, if your way works again, I am stealing the idea. Just wanted to let you know in advance!

Last edited:

bobleibo

Well, it won't be long now until I am sending my box of blanks out!!

EXCUSE ME ?!?!?!?!
I seem to remember last year.....then I look at YOUR numbers for this year !!!

Wanna' trade for mine?

Don't forget the new rule for repeat winners! I can point the Gulfstream in your direction right after we leave Ernies.....with the Hooters girls!

Top Bottom