Pass It Forward - Post Status & Pics Here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TXPhi67

Hello phillywood,

The first posts were at the end of '09 (the rules are actually included with the first post of this thread) and the start was earlier this year before you joined.

If you want to start a serial trade, the first thing I would do is spend some time reading the board and looking at the other other serial trades that are currently in progress. This will give you some ideas around rules that work as well as see what serial trades are currently in progress.

Next, come up with a theme.

Then see if there is interest in getting another going.

After that, you need to coordinate it with Cav (Activities Manager).

PM me if you have any additional questions and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Take care,

bobskio2003

Pass it forward

Well I received the box from oldwagon, looked through it, traded a few things and it should soon be on the way to mvaldez shortly, Bob I.. passitforward.jpg

TXPhi67

Mark (mvaldez) has it and we are waiting on him to post pics. He also has the next in line and should either be shipping it soon or has already sent it.

BTW - mbroberg is next in line.

Take care,

TXPhi67

Hello all,

Just a quick note - I'm going to be out on vacation next week and will not have internet access (not even cell coverage). Oh darn, I am sooo upset. NOT!

Anyway, Mike has his next in line and the box should be getting to him soon. And then it will be off again.

I'll be back in town in time to communicate the next in line after Mike's recipient.

Bribes are accepted for movement up the line. Just kidding. :)

However a couple of folks have had travel and other issues come up and they let me know so that we could move things around on the list.

If you have any availability issues, need more time, or just have a question - PM me.

Just remember - if you PM me after today, I probably won't respond for at least a week.

Take care,

TXPhi67

Hello all,

Just let you know that things are a little slow right now on the trade because the box is MIA. The last member to get the box was Mike Valdez (mvaldez). Unfortunately, Mike has not been on the board in a couple of weeks and I don't know the states (mailed in lost, not mailed, etc). I'm working on tracking down the box.

However, if any of you are friends with Mike and have talked to him lately - could you let me know if he is okay?

Thanks,

Brian

TXPhi67

RyanNJ - Mike Valdez posted he had mailed the box, however it does not seem to have arrived yet. I have sent a PM to Mike to find out what the status - unfortunately, no response as of yet.

Terry - The sign up was much earlier in the year. Once the round is complete (assuming we can find the box) then we may start a second round that would be the time to sign up.

Thanks,

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Just an FYI for everyone. I have not received the package yet. If it comes in today's mail I will post a picture.

mbroberg

8/4/10

The box arrived!!:RockOn:

Here is a picture of the goodies.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 229

mbroberg

I have swapped out some of the items in the box. It is all repackaged and ready for the next recipient. I'm just waiting on the address from Brian.

Mike

mbroberg

The box is on it's way to Glenn McCullough. I put it in the mail box this morning!:)

TXPhi67

Sorry about the delay folks - this one is totally my fault.

Just sent Glenn a PM and we should be seeing a post for the box headed back out soon.

I want to thank everyone who has been participating and especially the folks that have been helping either with advice or promises to "up the ante" in terms of what is being passed around.

We are just a bit over half way and have 11 folks left to go before the box comes "home".

Take care all!

Brian

Phunky_2003

I recieved box today. It will be going back out after I get a chance to talk to Brian. The post office booboo'd up the package. It appeared to have a full bottle of CA. Musta gone through machine that didnt like the CA much and the bottle got punctured.... I got a big block of stuff stuck together. I might be able to get some of it apart...... maybe lol. I'll try to get the penkits and stuff apart and check them for damage. The blanks I can replace. May have to start over as a new box again.

I'll keep yall informed. Either way it will be going back out soon.

meucci2009

looks like some things got lost the box was openned when i got it from the prevous pic i know 1 medicine bottle is missing looks like things missing from the other bottle, I took what i liked and put a few things in waiting for next persons name to contact.

Jeremy

Attachments

• 100827-133859.jpg
    100827-133859.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 209
from the stuff I kept from the box

Made this pen from a blank from Exotics I kept from the box I got. Not the best photo of the pen, but gets the real feel of the blank. It is a beauty.

Attachments

• vertex chrome poly 017.JPG
    vertex chrome poly 017.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 205

TXPhi67

Just as a up date - we have 9 more stops (counting the current en route) before the box returns home.

Depending on when that it is, I will probably get another sign up started for the next round. This is has been a lot of fun for me and has been a great learning experience. So, there will definitely be some tweaks to the "rules and regs" in an effort to streamline it, continue to support IAP, an add some more fun to the whole thing.

Take care all,

JohnU

I got the box today. I took out a couple wood blanks and added a few feathers and other blanks. The first picture is what I got and the second is what's on its way to the next member. This was fun.

Attachments

• DSC_0746.jpg
    DSC_0746.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0747.jpg
    DSC_0747.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

TXPhi67

5 more stops until the box returns home.

This has been a lot of fun.

Thank you to everyone who has participated, offered suggestions, and supported this PIF event.

I'm sure we will be making a second run. May even be able to get it started before the holidays.

Top Bottom