ChinaDad - glenspens
hippi - truckfixr
elkhorn - hubert
Brooks803 - plantman
Karl_99 - penmaker1967
mlconnelly - JasonC
wyone - Pete275
jsolie - jefferybrown18
edohmann - parklandturner (Two Eds doesn't make a right)
log2lumber - jondavidj
lorbay - Bsea
Lance - Argo13
CrimsonKeel - mredburn
Wraith - Ladycop322
Walshjp17 - Darley
juteck - mark james

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

So there you have it. Get in touch with your partner as soon as you can. If you don't see your name or can't get in touch with you partner PM me.

D.Oliver

Wow!!! it must have taken you a lot of work to put this list in order of the Coolest Pen Turner first!!!!:biggrin:

I guess it's time to get working....

That's just how I did it! You're sure your check won't bounce right?:biggrin:

D.Oliver

Ed McDonnell

Cool!! Thanks Derek....:biggrin:

Why isn't your name on the list....:confused::tongue:

It worked out so there was an odd number, so rather than convolute things I figured I'd just hang back. If someone should bow out, I'll take their spot.

If you're willing to possibly give me extra time I'll swap worth you.

You got yourself a deal.

Hey Derek - You won't be able to send him the pen I send you!! You'll have to make a new one. I expect my pen to be tied up on display in FMOMAANH ( Faith Museum Of Modern Art And Natural History, right next to the pictures of Sue) once you start showing it to all the other people in town (all 5 of them).

I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the delivery instructions I got from Derek. I've never shipped a pen by horseback before......

Ed

ChinaDad

Thanks for setting this up. This is my time so I am looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing some of the pens and ornaments.

D.Oliver

Thanks for setting this up. This is my time so I am looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing some of the pens and ornaments.

Your welcome. I hope you have great time doing it and its your first of many more. Seeing what everyone else came up with is half the fun!

plantman

Contacts made, but after seeing who I am exchangeing with, have changed my ornament choise and design. Should be done this weekend and sent out early next week. Jim S

lyonsacc

Dear Abby (Derek),

I keep getting pestered by this "Rat" character. Its bad enough that I got partnered with someone of "that" skill level . . . Gosh, I think I received 3 or 4 or 5 or 10 pm's from the guy. "I already have it done", "Can I mail it to you?", "What size shoe do you wear?" I mean, geesh, enough already. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Dave

(Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek. Can't believe I am getting one of his creations! Now, I need to settle in what I am going to make, I keep changing my mind)

Is anyone having any problems contacting their partners?

D.Oliver

Gees it sounds like he's stalking you.:biggrin: I think the best thing to do would be to give him a fake address. Maybe a Faith, SD address. If you don't know any Faith, SD addressess PM me. I'll get you one

Dear Abby (Derek),

I keep getting pestered by this "Rat" character. Its bad enough that I got partnered with someone of "that" skill level . . . Gosh, I think I received 3 or 4 or 5 or 10 pm's from the guy. "I already have it done", "Can I mail it to you?", "What size shoe do you wear?" I mean, geesh, enough already. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Dave

(Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek. Can't believe I am getting one of his creations! Now, I need to settle in what I am going to make, I keep changing my mind)

Is anyone having any problems contacting their partners?

Ed McDonnell

Since both of the people I'm swapping with are in the Western US, I've decided to go with a western modification to the construction theme. I've got the "bad" and the "ugly" finished. As soon as I get something that can fill the "good" slot, I'll be ready to ship. But Turkey first.....

Ed

lorbay

Job done !! :biggrin: Contact made and mine went to the PO this morning.
Hope Dave likes it...:)
Man you have way to much time on your hands.!! "don't you have a day job" :biggrin:.. I am still strugling with the bolt and now the dam pool cue blanks.:confused:
Lin.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here's a teaser for my swap with Parklandturner....

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 141

Ed McDonnell

Kind of quiet around here. Everyone must be hard at work on their creations. Well, except for those eager beavers who have already finished and shipped. I am now officially an eager beaver. My boxes hit the post office yesterday and with any luck, things should show up for the recipients by tomorrow.

Ed

D.Oliver

Kind of quiet around here. Everyone must be hard at work on their creations. Well, except for those eager beavers who have already finished and shipped. I am now officially an eager beaver. My boxes hit the post office yesterday and with any luck, things should show up for the recipients by tomorrow.

Ed

You've overestimated how fast a horse can run!:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

I paid extra for pony express delivery over those last 100 miles where there are no roads to your place. They change horses every couple of miles so the speed is pretty good. It cost a bundle, but what the heck, it's Christmas.

Ed

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I paid extra for pony express delivery over those last 100 miles where there are no roads to your place. They change horses every couple of miles so the speed is pretty good. It cost a bundle, but what the heck, it's Christmas.

Ed

Pony Express might get Derek's package all the way to his house, but I hope you accounted for the fact that the postal carrier has to hike the last 5 miles to my house in knee deep snow, uphill both ways.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
uphill both ways.

Ok Ed, I'll bite. :) How does both ways work? :)

The rest of you guys have no excuse!!! :( I work 6 days a week away from home and mine is done from the other side of the pond!! :)

C'mon, I'm getting a complex........! :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
uphill both ways.

Ok Ed, I'll bite. :) How does both ways work? :)

It's a joke us southerner's use on our kids when they complain about how tough they have things -- we tell them that when we were their age, we had to walk 5 miles to school every day in knee-deep snow, uphill, both ways.

Of course, we rarely get any snow at all and it's fun to see how long it takes them to catch on to the "uphill, both ways" part :)

This running joke has been going on for several generations now. Of course my parents & grandparents really did have to walk several miles to/from school every day (but sometimes they got to ride a horse or use a buggy), so when they told the story it was at least partially true. Personally, I only had to walk one mile from the spot where the bus dropped us off in the afternoons - dad would drive us to that spot in the mornings & if it was raining or really cold, he would be there to pick us up in the afternoons.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ed, I should have guessed...:)

I used to love listening to my wife's grandparents telling wonderful stories like that. :) I sometimes wish I was born a couple of decades earlier....

This reminds me of my boss when I was an apprentice...when we whined about the crummy vans we had to use, he took great delight it telling us when he had to get a bus and walk to site and his 'apprentice' or 'boy' had to take the tools and a bundle of conduit on his bicycle...!!!

Mind you, he did get me an F250 when I qualified.. :)

Ed McDonnell

Hi Edgar - I lived in Houston long enough to feel pretty confident that snow likely wouldn't be a problem in getting things to you. :biggrin:

I did worry about my pen getting left in a rural mailbox at the side of a lonely road at the end of the 3 mile long driveway that winds its way across your grazing lands to your ranch house. I put too much work into that pen to have some kid with a baseball bat knock it into the weeds as he obliterates your mailbox from a speeding car. So I decided to have it delivered by airmail.

My best friends son is getting married in Rosenberg just down the road from you in two weeks. I won't be able to make the wedding, but my friend agreed to toss the package (with a parachute of course!!) out the back of the plane as he passes over your ranch. You should see it floating down sometime tomorrow. The only thing I could see going wrong with this plan is if the wind causes the chute to drift and hang up on the horns of one of your longhorns. If you don't have the package by noon, check the herd.....

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Hey Derek - Apparently the horses in South Dakota aren't too bright. The one carrying my package went to Fargo instead of Faith. Why anyone/thing would want to go to Fargo is beyond me. About the only thing Fargo has going for it is that it isn't in South Dakota. Maybe that's enough. Looks like it will be Monday for the package.

Bad news for you as well Edgar. Your package hit a dip in the Jet Stream on it's way west and will not get there until Tomorrow....unless it gets there some other time.....

Ed

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hey Derek - Apparently the horses in South Dakota aren't too bright. The one carrying my package went to Fargo instead of Faith. Why anyone/thing would want to go to Fargo is beyond me. About the only thing Fargo has going for it is that it isn't in South Dakota. Maybe that's enough. Looks like it will be Monday for the package.

Bad news for you as well Edgar. Your package hit a dip in the Jet Stream on it's way west and will not get there until Tomorrow....unless it gets there some other time.....
Ed

c'est la vie

penmaker1967

my pen is done for my partner and will start on the other part of the swap sat afternon hopefully have it in the mail by next sat.

D.Oliver

Great news. The ole Pony Express must have California Chrome in their stable because I got a package from Florida today! Can't wait to get home and open it.

Ed McDonnell

Derek - They must have taken the shortcut through weasel gulch. I guess it was one of those rare snow free days there. I'm glad it got there.

I hope you are as excited about things AFTER you open the package.....

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Derek - They must have taken the shortcut through weasel gulch. I guess it was one of those rare snow free days there. I'm glad it got there.

I hope you are as excited about things AFTER you open the package.....

Ed

WOW! Now that is just showing off!:biggrin:

Top Bottom