Castaway V-Calling All Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Nothing bad could be said about getting the castaway box after Mr. Brooks. Just sayin!!!! I consider myself lucky to have gotten one of his blanks myself. Speaking of which, Mr. Brooks, please pm me your address (as long as Eric's cool with it).

Dave

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

Already sent him a pm to send you the address...so yea, I'm cool with it! So far this box is looking great! Keep up the quality of those blanks. The better blanks in there, the quicker people will speak up to take the box.

cwolfs69

I got the box today while at lunch. It was a great suprise. The first photo is what I took out and the second photo is what I put back in. The box wasn't completely full, so I added a couple more. Thanks Eric for managing this.

Dave Reid
do not know if you have had one before, but buzzzz4's tiny pinecone blanks are unbelievable. have had the honor of turning 2 of those and they are on of the most gorgeous blanks ever.
not saying, just saying.

Buzzzz4

Just so we have the next stop after Jonathon, here are the next three names. Speak up and it's yours.

Sumterdad
Woodwzrd
Cwolfs69

reiddog1

Castaway box is back in the hands of the USPS. Label number is 9505510922603080420821. Post office lady said Saturday. Lots of good stuff to choose from Jonathon!!!

Dave

healeydays

Thanks, it's just a little extra fun to this castaway, and by the end, I might remember the commands to get it to work right the 1st time...

Brooks803

Okie Dokie....Picking was tough! Lots of awesome blanks in there. I knicked 4 and put back 7. 3 of them were huge so it left alot of empty space! 6 blanks are from me and 1 from Eric. Since he used some of mine to stock the box at first I added one of his that I had on hand.

What I kept:

DSC02830700x504_zpsec52544e.jpg

What I put back:

DSC02832680x700_zps99826dae.jpg

It'll be on it's way to VA first thing Monday. I'll post tracking# then. Also since it is going to VA I made a UVA colored blank (2nd from left) to put in the mix.

Buzzzz4

Okie Dokie....Picking was tough! Lots of awesome blanks in there. I knicked 4 and put back 7. 3 of them were huge so it left alot of empty space! 6 blanks are from me and 1 from Eric. Since he used some of mine to stock the box at first I added one of his that I had on hand.

What I kept:

What I put back:

It'll be on it's way to VA first thing Monday. I'll post tracking# then. Also since it is going to VA I made a UVA colored blank (2nd from left) to put in the mix.

Looking good. The round one you chose has red to it, just in case you were thinking it was solid black. Thanks for keeping this moving. At this pace it can get to up to three people a week!

Buzzzz4

On it's way out tomorrow so it's time to set up for the next stop after cwolfs69. First to speak up, gets it.

Camoboy91
hunter-27
qballizhere

healeydays

For this time of the year for sure as we still have a little of that white stuff around, but it definitely looks like those southern boys are having all the fun right now.

It's funny though, I just looked at the list of folks in this round and we have no overseas, no Canadians, no Pacific coast, and the furthest we are traveling is Texas, Arizona, Colorado and north to New Hampshire.

MarkD PA
Reiddog1 LA
Brooks803 SC
Vanngo5d TX
Monty TX
Healeydays NH
Theidlemind KY
Camoboy91 GA
Sylvanite NC
Seamus7227 TX
Mike8850 MI
Hunter-27 NE
Pensbydesign MA
Cwolfs69 VA
Harley2001 OH
Woodwzrd WI
PTownsubbie VA
Sumterdad SC
JohnU IL
Truckfxr TX
Triw51 AZ
Qballizhere CO

Last edited:

cwolfs69

GOT IT !!!!!

yep i got it in the mail about 1 hour ago. nice box full of blanks. here is the bos as i received it:

DSC_3928.jpg unopened
DSC_3929.jpg as opened
DSC_3932.jpg laid out

now to keep an eye out to prevent Fred from stealing it.

cwolfs69

i have figured out what i am going to do. i will take all of these. then to recipricate, i will send out a gallon of Silmar41 and 2 bottles of dye.
what do you think.

seamus7227

Just tell me you cook up the meat after skinning. Rattlesnake poppers are good eating...

unfortunately the snakes i get have sat on the back of a truck the entire day and not worth keeping(a local rancher/welder kills them when they get too close to him, he calls to pick them up) and I also go with Don Ward to an annual rattlesnake roundup that sells just the skins(they also sell the gall bladder, heads, meat) nothing goes to waste. But i bring them home and tan them and make blanks with them. I just recently got some Coral snakes and Fer de Lance(both were killed in Costa Rica), but they arent quite ready for blanks.

Top Bottom