Cast Away Box SignUps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Hi everyone, just wanted to keep yall up to date. I got a message from Capcrnch that the package was returned to him so it hasn't gotten to Canada as of yet. He has already reshipped so hopefully it'll reach its destination soon!

Brooks803

I talked to wayne up in canada yesterday and nothing as of yet. Ill give it another week and if it hasn't gotten there he and I discussed reviving it at that time

Brooks803

UPDATE!!! Well...it never made it to Canada, or if it did it hasn't reached Wayne. He has sent me a box of goodies which I recieved today. So I'll be adding his blanks with my own and sending a new box out tomorrow for Utah. With the blanks Wayne has sent me there are enough for each person to take 1 of each type. There's a shroud of mystery as to what one of them is but all I can say is it's a surprise. Like I said there's enough for each person to take 1 of each so everyone please do so so we have enough to go around. I'll post the tracking number of the package once it's sent out and I ask for EVERYONE left to do the same. This one will stay in the US until it reaches me and then I'll be sending half the blanks I get in the end to Wayne since he missed out on the last boxes goodies. Here are the remaining names in order that the box will be going to:

Jmhoff10500
Phunky_2003
TomW
Txphi67
Truckfixr
Pioneerpens
Ptownsubbie
Brooks803
1080Wayne

Hope everyone is having fun with the birthday bash but now it's time to get this show on the road again! If anyone has any questions or issues please feel free to post them here or send me a PM. Thanks!!

navycop

UPDATE!!! Well...it never made it to Canada, or if it did it hasn't reached Wayne. He has sent me a box of goodies which I recieved today. So I'll be adding his blanks with my own and sending a new box out tomorrow for Utah.
Hope everyone is having fun with the birthday bash but now it's time to get this show on the road again! If anyone has any questions or issues please feel free to post them here or send me a PM. Thanks!!

Is it too late? I can add some blanks...

Brooks803

Thanks for the offer Mike, but right now I have a full roster and we are about half way through. My plan is to start a new sign up once this one is finished so keep an eye out for that one. I hope to have more people sign up for the next one.

Brooks803

Alright everyone. Here's a quick pic of the box before it went out. Also, here is the usps tracking # 03001290000751315854

Attachments

• castawaybox round 2.jpg
    castawaybox round 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 229

Jmhoff10500

I got it today and wow is there some amazing stuff in there! Here are the before and after pics... Ill get a tracking number tomorrow when i send it out and post it here, thanks to everyone for letting me in on this!

IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg

Phunky_2003

I had a delay with a family issue. Due to that I will be shipping out in the AM. I will post the tracking number tomorrow. There is still lots on nice stuff in there. Plus I added some things...

James

Phunky_2003

Due to a family issue I didnt have time to take before and after pics.

However here is the tracking number 0309 1140 0000 9322 2152

Should be delivered tomorrow they said.

capcrnch

Guys, I have a box that was sent to me, sent to Canada, but returned to me because I filled out the customs slip wrong. (grrr)

I've been in the hospital and just got back home.. I was going through some stuff and found the box, realized I didn't get to resend it and it's still here!

Sorry to all for dropping the ball!

Brooksy, looks like you picked up the ball when I disappeared. Let me know who/where to send this box to and i'll get it out!

Brooks803

Thanks Rich for filling everyone in. I'm glad your doing well though! I think everyone can understand that life and health take priority and you got back with us as soon as you could and I appreciate that.

Ok, I've been milling this over throughout today to figure out how best to handle this. Here's my idea and I'd like to get everyone's opinion bc I do want this to be as fair as possible but at the same time simple.

My idea is for Rich to send the box to me. When I thought the box to be lost I got together with 1080Wayne and he offered to help get things started back up by sending me blanks. To try and ensure that the box wouldn't be lost in customs or anything of the sort, which would leave everyone left shafted, I then sent the new box to Utah and it's been going ever since with now 3 people left to recieve it. My ultimate plan was after Fred (ptownsubbie) gets it he would send it to me and then I would send the majority of the blanks to Wayne for his help starting things off again (remember he hasn't recieved ANY blanks from either box). Now that the 1st box has been recovered it leaves a dilema. Best I can figure is that there aren't many of my own blanks left in the 1st box and hopefully there won't be any left in the 2nd once it gets to me. I'm already putting a package together for wayne (not related to this at all) and what would happen (if no one objects) is I'll keep a selection of blanks from both boxes and send the remainder to Wayne along with the other items I'm sending him to save me double shipping to Canada. I think this way everyone gets some of each others blanks. It's too bad that it had to be split up about halfway but this was the best I could come up with.

So if there are any objections please feel free to say so. I would like for everyone to agree so there's not a sour taste in anyone's mouth so to speak. I'm open for any other suggestions as well. I figured the way I have it would be the cheapest shipping wise, but I could be wrong. Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to get everything out in the open and try to be clear as possible. Thanks everyone!

Jonathon

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

That works fine for me too Jonathon.

Glad to see capcrnch is doing ok.

And if anything else happens and yall need some more blanks let me know and I can send some to you.

James

Brooks803

Ok, it's been almost 24hrs and all I've read are in agreement. Rich, go ahead and send it my way. I'll send you my address in a min. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

TomW

Box is on it's way to Oak Leaf Texas, 420751549425503699300027205838...

Attached are In and Out photos.

Tom

Attachments

• in.jpg
    in.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 202
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 199

TXPhi67

Awesome!

Just to give a heads up. I'm traveling heavily this week as well as next week for work. There is a very real possibility I won't be in town when the box arrives as well as there may be a delay before I get it back out to the next person.

Please be patient with me and I promise to keep everyone updated as soon as I have the box in hand.

Thanks,

Brian

65GTMustang

Brooks
Is the pass along already full?
As you know I am just starting to color cast but I am getting the hang of clear casting and think the coloring will come along a little faster since I am over some of my learning curve??? I hope ???
Can I get in on the tail end of the mail list to have time to make some blanks?
It sounds like FUN!

PS
Thanks for the PM advice!

Brooks803

Its looking that way. I know Brian had work obligations that could be taking longer than expected. He hasn't been on since 3/9. I haven't gotten the original box yet either. Rich hasn't been on since 3/18 and I fear he may be ill again. Hopefully something will happen soon.

Brooks803

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Well I got a surprise in the mail today. I now have the original box that never made it up to Canada. There wasn't a note or anything as to an explination of what happened, but it's here now. Sadly though, there were only blanks from 3 members in there, myself being 1 of them. Here's the list of who's left to recieve the box:

Truckfixr
Pioneerpens
Ptownsubbie
Brooks803
1080Wayne

I'll be PM'ing each person to ensure they still want to participate and that they are able to do so. I've uploaded a pic of all I got in the box so everyone can see. If the second box (still in TX) ever surfaces we can figure out what to do with it as well.

Attachments

• 100_2121 (800x600).jpg
    100_2121 (800x600).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 226

Brooks803

We are....I got sidetracked, sorry! Charles will be the first to get it. I'll package everything up to send out tomorrow. The tracking # will be posted when I get back from the PO.

truckfixr

The box made it to my house this afternoon. I'll be sending it out tomorrow during my lunch hour.
I'll post the tracking number sometime tomorrow afternoon. The first pic is what was in the box when I received it. The 2nd pic is what I'm sending on.

Attachments

• 1a_512x768.jpg
    1a_512x768.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 4a_512x768.jpg
    4a_512x768.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Top Bottom