Cast Away Box Part II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

65GTMustang

fred I'm sorry I should not of even asked about sending the box to seamuss. he ended up posting that he wanted the box anyway still I owe you an apology and everyone in the casting list. I have the new box ready just need to figure out how to post these pictures from my phone being that I am in the shop.

PTownSubbie

fred I'm sorry I should not of even asked about sending the box to seamuss. he ended up posting that he wanted the box anyway still I owe you an apology and everyone in the casting list. I have the new box ready just need to figure out how to post these pictures from my phone being that I am in the shop.

Kevin,

My post was meant for the box after Seamus gets it. There were no hard feelings meant toward anyone with my post about wanting the box. I won't have internet access next during the day so my chance of getting the box after Seamus will be low....so, I thought I would claim it if my name ends up on the list!

My post was meant as a joke so I hope there are no hard feelings from anyone.....I just really would like ANOTHER Seamus Quarter Blank!

Fred

glycerine

The quarters do look pretty cool. Seamus, do you mind sharing whether you do that with a scroll saw or with a "hand operated" hack saw/coping saw?

seamus7227

Boy this is exciting! I can't wait to take my pics of the goodies! And of the blanks that I'm contributing!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

65GTMustang

Sorry for the delay everyone
My Grandfather has been in ICU since Friday.
I managed to get the box sent out today to Seamus
BTW - The next one in line with be a LUCKY DOG if Seamus includes a quarter blank or any of his snake skin blanks - Brooks is the master of color hands down - Seamus makes clear casting look like pure water! and the whole thing about shaping a quarter into is ok too....LOL
The USPS tracking is 940620369930001339
some pictures soon
Kevin

BOX 1.jpg

OUT OF BOX 2.jpg
THIS GROUP WAS SITTING IN THE LIGHT FROM THE SKY LIGHT IN THE SHOP THE NEXT ONE SHOWS COLORS A LITTLE BETTER
OUT OF BOX.jpg

Last edited:

Timebandit

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Looks like you took just about everything in the box!!

Thats what thought to! I was like....where did everything go...i thought we were supposed to take a few and replace a few. I count 15 there with blue tape on them...no biggie, im here to have fun and have yet to do my first cast:eek::biggrin: so look out everyone:tongue:i just thought we were supposed to take a few.

PTownSubbie

Timebandit said:
Thats what thought to! I was like....where did everything go...i thought we were supposed to take a few and replace a few. I count 15 there with blue tape on them...no biggie, im here to have fun and have yet to do my first cast:eek::biggrin: so look out everyone:tongue:i just thought we were supposed to take a few.

I too didn't think this was a swap a box of blanks with the guy in front of you thing.....it was meant to get everyone a sampling of everyone else's work....so I understood.....

Phunky_2003

I have some of Brooks blanks I can add back in with some of mine, that way there will be a variety again. They are my own private collection, but I can get my hands on more.

Phunky_2003

And if it comes to me next, I will add some Brooks blanks in and leave the quarter blank in from Seamus. Just to add some variety back into it. I offered to send some blanks to Jonathon to start the box off the got caught in Virginia when it started.

So if the is cool with everyone let me and Jonathon know.

65GTMustang

Not to say that my blanks are junk??? After all I learned to color cast from Jonathon? I have already offered to return the blanks to Jonathon - I am simply waiting to hear back from him, I can have them back in the mail tomorrow - only a day behind the original box.

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

I have already offered to return the blanks to Jonathon - I am simply waiting to hear back from him, I can have them back in the mail tomorrow - only a day behind the original box.

I don't think they really need to be returned. The box will then need to be returned to Jonathon to get them back in the box, so there is a variety. I don't really see it as a big deal just a misunderstanding. I know I got excited while doing the first, real hard to choose a few and seal the box back up lol.

I only offered because I have acquired some of Jonathons blanks. And I removed myself from getting the quarter blank from Seamus so nobody thinks that's the reason I am offering to add some of Jonathons blanks. I can repurchase and acquire more of Jonathons blanks. And as for the quarter blanks, Seamus is a fellow Texan, I may not have got one from him yet.... But give me time and I'll find a trade with him.

I basically offered because I am still in the list, I have the blanks and... Hell I am a nice guy.

seamus7227

Hmmm, I've got some "yellow belly racer" snakeskin blanks, diamondbacks and a quarter blank i might throw in, not sure if there is that much interest in the quarter blank though.LOL

GoodTurns

Phunky_2003;1265451I don't think they really need to be returned. The box will then need to be returned to Jonathon to get them back in the box said:
my understanding is take what you want and replace with an equal number of blanks.....it's a random draw for the names and a VERY random guess as to what you will get to pick from..... I hope whoever gets the box after me finds something I put in acceptable...if not c'est la vie (French for whatever..) If I had a dozen blanks I had cast that I was proud to add to the box, I would (will) not hesitate to take a dozen out and put mine in (right now I have 4 or 5 of mine that I will be happy to pass along).

The blanks that went in look nice (at least as good as anything I have ready today), no harm, no foul...play on folks....this is for fun (and yes, I would love to have a box of Brooks' or Seamus' blanks, but will be DELIGHTED with whatever I have available to select from! Odds are, the batch will be fairly randomized by the time it gets to MOST of us.

65GTMustang

JON,
thank you I felt the same way, I took out some great looking blanks and replaced them with some super AWESOME BLANKS !
Seamus will see the real deal in person in a couple of days, everyone can get his take on the pickings

Brooks803

I leave the room for 5 seconds....:eek::tongue::biggrin:

Kevin, no worries about all this. There is no rule for how many blanks and this and that. I didn't make one bc I wanted this to be fun for everyone and not some strict guideline. I'm sure your blanks are top notch and I'd be happy if some made it all the way to me at the end. The blanks you kept are yours, enjoy them. I don't need them back or anything. On a more important note. I do hope your Grandfather is doing better and I'll pray for him.

This is supposed to be fun yall! Take some blanks leave some blanks, enjoy them and share some your best work :biggrin: This is the perfect time for showing off! When this one is over I'll do another, I promise!

Btw...I'm still considering putting my name on the list once Seamus gets the box!

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

John and others,

I did not intend to hurt ones feelings or get anyone upset. The way I took some of the posts were some were. I however was offering a solution. I played in the first cast away box, I don't think an issue like this arose. I also saw no problem, just offering help.

I'll go back to the corner and mind my own business.

GoodTurns

James, definitely not upset with your very generous offer! just didn't see the need for you to go to the extra effort and expense...the box will be "re-randomized" in a couple of stops anyway. I'm keeping you on my "Hell of a nice guy" list!

seamus7227

I just I would post a teaser picture of a goodie that will be going into the box!

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 155

seamus7227

Well, the box made it to my house, but because I wasnt home, they put one of those pink slips in my box to pick it up at the post office:frown:. So now i have to wait till tomorrow to get it. That sucks.

Brooks803

Thanks for the heads up Seamus! Guess whe know what time it is then....Drumroll Please....And our next potential recipient is...

1: 1080Wayne
2: Ptownsubbie
3: Louie
4: Brooks803 :cool: (to be fair I'll wait 5mins before taking it myself...gotta love being able to make up the rules :eek:)

Remember, the FIRST person to respond IN THIS THREAD saying they want the box next will be the one to get it. Good luck!

:wink::tongue::rolleyes::biggrin: Maybe 10mins...:ghost:

G1Pens

Thanks for the heads up Seamus! Guess whe know what time it is then....Drumroll Please....And our next potential recipient is...

1: 1080Wayne
2: Ptownsubbie
3: Louie
4: Brooks803 :cool: (to be fair I'll wait 5mins before taking it myself...gotta love being able to make up the rules :eek:)

Remember, the FIRST person to respond IN THIS THREAD saying they want the box next will be the one to get it. Good luck!

:wink::tongue::rolleyes::biggrin: Maybe 10mins...:ghost:

CRAP !!!

Brooks803

Dang and I had 6mins to go! Congrats Fred, I think you should go buy a lottery ticket now...just remember who your friends are and friends share right????

seamus7227

dont be greedy jonathon! LOL

here are some pics of the completed goodies!

Attachments

• 2011-08-11 19.56.49.jpg
    2011-08-11 19.56.49.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 2011-08-11 19.56.58.jpg
    2011-08-11 19.56.58.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 141
  • ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 138