BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND - SUPERBOWL POOL 2011

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobleibo

SUPERBOWL POOL 2011 is ready to roll! Sign ups begin on this thread.

After getting the approval from Mike (Mbroberg), it is time to crank up the 2011 Superbowl Pool being held in Dallas on Feb 6th. Sorry Dallas, you don't get to play, only host. Don't forget your apron.

Members outside the USA are encouraged you play too!

The rules will be the same as last year.

PLEASE - read the notes at the very bottom of this post......

Superbowl Pool !!!
Here is your chance to win a few pen blanks from your closest IAP friends! ANYONE CAN WIN! There is absolutely no previous experience required other than a desire to have some fun. Signing up is simple….just respond in the thread that you want in !!!!!! We are limited to 100 folks. Only 1 square per person until everyone has had a chance to join then I will open it up to extra squares.

NOTE: Last year we had enough people sign up to do a 2ND pool. We will do that again if enough of you sign up.

There is no cost to play other than a few pen blanks that you happen to have laying around your shop.

For those who have not participated in a football pool, here is a brief explanation of how it works….IT IS REALLY SIMPLE...

A grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Everyone's name is placed into random squares. After all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like an old multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner's name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be square 1 and square 4.

Game Rules

- Sign-ups will close as soon as we reach 100 names.

NOTE: Last year we had enough people sign up to do a 2ND pool. We will do that again if we have enough people.

- Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly picked from a hat and assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win as an individual in any of the 4 quarters

- We will also randomly place each person into 1 of 4 groups separate from the grid. These 4 groups will then be randomly assigned to a quarter of the game.

- Once all names are drawn and assigned, a copy of the grid and groups will be posted for everyone and prior to game day.

- At the end of the first quarter, a winner will be determined based on the score of the game at that time. The people who are in the group assigned to the first quarter will send the winner 3-5 pen blanks of their choice. The same will happen for each quarter.

- In the unlikely event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible, but highly unlikely, that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!

- There may be some players from outside the U.S. Keep that in mind in regards to possibly shipping outside the US. Shipping should be very nominal considering we are only sending a few blanks to the winner.

NOTE: If you have any questions please let me know ASAP so that we can address them well before game day and avoid any potential snafus (which stands for stuff I didn't cover).

My early prediction is it will be the Steelers against the Packers, Steelers by 7.
Good Luck!
Bob

PLEASE READ....
Last year, we had a small number of folks who never got around to sending blanks to the winner of their group. Please, do not sign up if you are unable to honor your commitment to send blanks to the winner. If it has slipped your mind to send blanks to the winner from last year, it is still not too late, I can give you whatever information you may need. PM me for the info.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'm in.

Bob is a little to polite when he speaks of the folks who did not honor their commitments to send blanks to the winners. Please, if you sign up to participate, follow through with your commitment. If I learn the names of individuals who do not make good on their promise to others then those people will be unable to participate in further IAP activities until they do make good. Please direct any questions about this policy to me via PM. Thanks.

Spats139

I don't expect lightning to strike twice..., but, ...

... being in the pool sure added some extra fun to the game. Please sign me up.

Dale

bobleibo

Wow, that was fast, this will fill up fast......all names up thru post #31 are logged and in.

I got a few PMs about the number of blanks to send. The suggested number is 3-5 blanks but if you want to send more, that is totally up to you. Last year some folks sent far more than that.

Here are the winners from last year (we ended up running 2 pools due to the demand)
Fred - PTownsubbie
Dale - Spats139
Alicia - Awolfe
1TJTurner ( no longer a member?)

Chris - Displaced Canadian
Al - Pepsi
Mike - Mbroberg
Mike - Maxman400

I say that if any of these folks win again, they must host a BBQ for all of us losers? Wadda' ya' think?

As for my predictions, the Steelers are a lock, my Cinderella team is the Packers. I won't tell you who my bets were laid on at the start of the season. Let's just say that the team from that place with all the cows and horses is off my Christmas card list.

Good luck everyone!

cdbakkum

Count me in, Carl

P.S. THE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT SEND BLANKS LAST YEAR, DO NOT LET THEM IN THIS YEAR. That little problem was not difficult to take care of, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom