Gearing up----Econo-watch Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Here's an idea... maybe original... maybe not.

Mentioned in earlier posts was the thought of mass production and the associated high labor costs which would make it difficult to make "sellable" watch part/punkart pens.

Though admittedly not a real "classy" idea, could you make a nice layout of parts, take a high quality photo and wrap that around a tube to make a blank. (many blanks!)

If this seems like a good idea, whoever does this, just send me a pen in payment for my original thought. Also if this is do-able, just think of all the possiblities.

That has been suggested before and the problem with that is all you have is a decal. It does not have that 3D look you get when using real watch parts. Can it be done, sure it can. I would not want to buy that blank though but that is just me. :) Have a great day.

bruce119

Here's an idea... maybe original... maybe not.

Mentioned in earlier posts was the thought of mass production and the associated high labor costs which would make it difficult to make "sellable" watch part/punkart pens.

Though admittedly not a real "classy" idea, could you make a nice layout of parts, take a high quality photo and wrap that around a tube to make a blank. (many blanks!)

If this seems like a good idea, whoever does this, just send me a pen in payment for my original thought. Also if this is do-able, just think of all the possiblities.

That has been suggested before and the problem with that is all you have is a decal. It does not have that 3D look you get when using real watch parts. Can it be done, sure it can. I would not want to buy that blank though but that is just me. :) Have a great day.

I agree with JT it has been suggested on many things I do. An unsuspecting customer mite, just mite, get fooled but a true artist would never or should never settle for less than the real thing. And as was said you put them side by side it would be obvious to what was real. This goes for snake skin also a 2 D photo just dose not cut it.

Top Bottom