Discontinued materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thompenshop

I am new to the list and this is only my second post so be kind. I am wondering if there has ever been a discussion about how to find discontinued pen turning materials. One of my frustrations is that I purchase a specific material, let it set on my shelf for a while before I get around to turning it. Then when I do turn it, the result is wonderful but the material is discontinued and the supplier will not tell me where I might obtain more. I suspect that I am not the only pen turner who has had this experience. Might it be possible that there are those of you out there who have purchased materials, that for whatever reason, you did not use them? On the other hand, I may have used the same material with success and can't find anymore and would be willing to trade materials or purchase direct form you. Does anyone else see any possibilities here? I am posting three or four jpegs here of materials I am looking for. Perhaps others would be willing to do the same. We

2008324171736_Pens234.jpg

2008324171954_Pens331.jpg

200832417214_Pens369.jpg

may be able to help eachother out.

Just a thought
Chris Thompson http://thompsonpens.com

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My gosh, Chris. You must be nearly as "seasoned" as I am.

The center one is much like a CSUSA blank, the top I have not seen before and the bottom looks like a VERY old "long stick" that was available at WoodCraft.

While you are correct that some materials have been discontinued, look at the bright side, the new offerings from WoodCraft (and, some from me from time to time) offer a different look. There are now hundreds of possibilities. The company that made these, in Italy, seems to be gone, but there are certainly a lot of replacements that are easier to work with.

Just a thought and welcome to IAP, hope you will stick around and show us some of your work!!:D:D:D

Top Bottom